1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was puberty like?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by tone, Jun 21, 2014.

1. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember learning about puberty, and just thinking "aw hell no, not happening". I was rudely awakened when I started "blossoming". I used to literally have fits about how much it all sucked, I was convinced I was dying when my chest started...doing the lumpy thing.

Once it was over, I was just relieved it was over and I'd never have to go through puberty again. It's kind of ironic how I turned around and decided I'll probably go through puberty again.

2. MissMook

Awful. My sex drive sky-rocketed out of friggin' nowhere and I was too afraid to talk to my dad about it. It was a terribly confusing time period.

3. Raatox

Simply shame. I wanted to stay as a kid. I wore "tops" to push the breasts in so they wouldnt show. When I had to wear bras I chose the ones with Winnie the pooh until I was like 18. But I was happy for seeing the Iliac crests, not sure if that really was puberty though... And once, early in the process, I found a thick hair near my nipple and was excited to start getting chest hair, but I only got that one hair :frowning2:
    But I read an awful lot about the period, I guess I was very fascinated about it.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Monday: Angry.
    Tuesday: Angrier.
    Wednesday: Depressed.
    Thursday: Fuck Thursday!
    Friday: Beginning of the weekend, hell yeah... oh wait, PISSED!
    Saturday: Angressed (Anger + Depressed)
    Sunday: Another fuckin' week of fun ahead!

Puberty was a pretty wild time for me. Not only was my body changing, my identity was being challenged as well. It was like I had two personalities. One was dealing with the changes, and the other was hiding deep down inside of me, away from the changes. Almost everything I did felt as if it had two opinions; one was influenced by society, the other was my own, actual feelings.

Fast forward some time, and I've gotten it almost all together. I'm a lot happier, focused, and better off. From time to time, I do want to transition, but I've found benefits to my male exterior. As I've mentioned elsewhere before, I feel I can better protect my feminine spirit with my male body. But, at times, it can be tempting to want to feel smooth-skinned and pretty. Damn, does it.

5. Logan0001

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's exactly how it was for me. It came close to me being suicidal.

6. oncetherewasa

Same. I was in denial all throughout my childhood that I would ever go through puberty then when it came I got so depressed. My breasts came in at around 12 and I refused to wear a bra, I wore a hoodie ALL THE TIME (even to sleep), I stopped hanging out with all my friends and just generally did nothing. Well, I laid around wishing I could change my body. All the changes happening to it felt so wrong. It took me awhile but after a little over a year I accepted the fact that I was cursed to live in a female body.
    Now the menses, I don't think any human actually likes it, aside from its ability to produce children...

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2014 at 04:31 PM ----------

Exact same. And of course, I always chose the opinion influenced by society.. :dry:
    I developed extreme anxiety over this, though.

7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A very stressful nightmare.

Whenever my family would talk about puberty and how blossoming into woman would come with these fantastic changes, I always would dread it. I was even in denial that it would come. I didn't want big womanly breasts, big curves, my period and certainly not having hordes of boys coming out of the woodwork to deflower me.

I got my period at nine. It was absolutely terrible because I hadn't the faintest clue what that even was. Oddly enough, my family was under the impression that I somehow already knew about these things.

I remember praying so hard to God, asking him not to give me big breasts. I didn't get them or the big womanly curves. I think it was probably due to my weight, but I could be wrong.

There were never any males who tried to deflower or disrespect me, which was a wonderful thing.

8. Logan0001

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The worst part about it for me was the humiliation.

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

The body hair still freaks me out and I'm an adult.

10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't recall finding puberty as such bad. But...there were things connected to it that I hated:

• Unwanted erections at embarrassing times.
    • I had mixed feelings about masturbation. It felt good, but I felt embarrassed. I hated how strong the desire to masturbate was.
    • I really hated it when semen production started. I suppose I partly accepted it as part of the "someday you get married, and then you and your wife have a baby..." bit. But at that time, it just made a disgusting mess when masturbating. For a while, I even masturbated through my pajama bottoms so they'd get clobbered with the mess, but went back to direct hand to penis contact because it felt better.

#30 BMC77, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  11. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    HELL. I grew chesticles in 4th grade to the point where my abusive teacher told me I needed a bra in front of the class and multiple times. When I finally got one she used to congratulate me sarcastically and mke me feel guilty for getting them so early. In sixth or seventh grade the first time I had "shark week" I considered killing myself and I pretended in all the weird sixth grade conversations the girls would have I would pretend I never got mine. Im not even going to talk about my voice lets just say I hate it. leg hair and getting taller were the only good things

12. prussianblue100

Well, it certainly was an emotional roller coaster. I had a bad case of acne before I found an acne medication that actually worked and though I'm cisgender, I was embarrassed about having to wear a bra (it was sixth grade and I was eleven when I wore my first bra). My first period started around twelve years old and though I was a little freaked out about it, I adjusted to it easily. I absolutely HATE tampons though! Tampons are evil!

The worst part about puberty is when I entered the seventh grade. I began having mood swings and I recall being moody and irritated a lot of the time. I remember on multiple occasions, I would just crave chocolate SO badly and I would devour the stuff whenever I got the chance. (You know you're a true female when you LOVE chocolate. Lol. XD) Plus, I started getting curvier around that time. So, yeah. That's how puberty was for me! Sooooooooo fun! (Just kidding. It wasn't fun...) :slight_smile:

13. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hated my breasts growing, period made me panic. I didn't want anyone, even a doctor, to see my chest naked. I cut my hair myself like 2 millimeters short. Yeah, it was a nigthmare. Fortunatelly no one forced me to wear any clothes I didn't want to.

14. confuseduser99

All of this, plus the confusion of my sexuality. I was solely sexually attracted to men, but I continuously told myself "I'm not gay! Me? Yeah right!" I've finally accepted myself post-puberty (20 yrs old).

15. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

The physical part was hell for me to, thank God it's stopped. I find the mental/emotional part is confusing but interesting.

16. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Periods are horrifying. Why would anyone look forward to them? Lol, I just don't get it.

When my mom told me I needed to start wearing a bra, I burst into tears, and she had to practically drag me out of the house.

17. I was excited to wear a bra and be just like my other friends. I didn't like my period very much until I was in my mid teens after I got into vampires and sex and God knows what else.

What did horrify me though during puberty was how big my butt had gotten and how much weight I gained. I went on a diet asap (which was bad).

18. Notsoshure

ohmygod. Puberty.

I have no idea, i wasn`t really excited for it at all, i just wanted to get taller. I also was waiting for my voice to get darker and to go trough the change and such like all the boys did. It never happened and i thought that was kinda weird, I`ve got a really light voice and i think it sucks.

I did actually want boobs. I was so excited for them to grow out because i would be an adult and everything would be fine. I swore that i would never ever wear a bra, i didn`t start wearing a bra until like, some months ago? that is embarrasing. I just used something that was just made of fabric that kinda covered up your breasts but not really a bra? (hard to explain). I think i was excited at first, but when they started showing and i needed a bra because they were bigger, it wasn`t that fun after all.

The worst part of the whole thing is that i was excited for my period, because holy shit it was going to come blood out of me and it wasn`t a wound or soemthing?! (always been a nerd into sience and that kind of stuff). And when it came i was like oh wow this is happening. wow. shit. And it lasted a lot longer than i expected, but it didn`t hurt. then later on the pains came along, and i still bled for like 7-6 days and it sucked.

Now i hate periods with a passion. Ok ok its good enough, but i bleed so much and all the time for so many days and it fucking hurts as well. if it could just be for two or three days and the thing would be over i would be so much happier. or if i would at least not bleed all the time, like litterarly all the time. almost non stop. Q_Q

ok. long kinda rant thing here. sorry for so much describing i guess?. this is weird.. xD But yeah that is how i experienced period, and i didn`t like it. I feel like the only thing i got was a period and boobs, and i dont really like any of those.

19. Maeve

Exciting at first. I was happy for my first bra. Then my boobs kept growing. And growing. That part I'm still annoyed about. But really, other than that it wasn't bad.

And the first time I got my period, I was staying with my dad. It took me all day to tell him, and he rushed to the store and came back with 3 different types of tampons and no pads. That was an interesting learning experience.

20. JoshuaTree

For me it was hell. I really didn't want my chest to grow and I felt really embarrassed of having a period. At the same time, I started gaining some weight.. not a lot, but since I had always been bony skinny until that moment, it was a traumatic change. Overall, one of the most unhappy and uncomfortable moments in my life.