1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9 1/2 year old daughter.

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by ginger cthulhu, Jun 17, 2014.

1. ProtegeMoi

Ginger, you're a freaking rad mom. And I'm sure your kids will be amazing people as they grow older. I really admire you.

I'm curious how my daughter will turn out having a bisexual mom and a mtf pansexual mom by the time she's a pre-teen. I still identify as male for the time being but we've been slowing adding little things here and there letting her know its ok to like and be whoever makes you happy.

Shell wear shorty shorts, a t shirt ball cap and then play dolls and do cart wheels or play mario kart and adventure time on 3ds. I get mad when her relatives comment when she's dressing boyish and not im dresses. She loves both. Its her choice. And sometimes I can tell when she's been staying with other people while were at work, because shell say things regarding what's ok for boys and girls that we haven't taught her. I know shell get teased because of how we are and how she can be, but she's loved and treated with respect.

2. ginger cthulhu

Thanks to everyone that posted.

My son seems to be more confident each day that passes, and he gets to be himself. We went to a large social event over the weekend, and each time a stranger referred to him as "young man", the grin on his face said it all.

He's been asking me about taking "medicine" that well help him grow more like a boy, and I promised I would call the doctor first thing Monday to discuss those things for the future.

I'm so glad he told me what was happening, and that I've been able to help some. Even his sisters are thrilled to have a brother, and have taken to calling him by the name he chose for himself.