1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you happy today?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LonestarConnie, Jun 16, 2014.

1. stormborn

canada day celebrations!! a stranger at the fireworks referred to me as "the guy with the camera" so that was awesome. passed when i was wearing girl clothes and wasn't binding. :lol:

2. justjade

That's pretty awesome. :slight_smile:

3. songbird

It's funny, the times where I know that I passed as male in public (i.e. they actually referred to me as male to my face) were when I was wearing female clothes. One time I was wearing a sports bra and still had a chest that would be noticeable from the side, a tie-dye tee and oversized women's jeans. The guy at the store was like "I'll just give the change to him" right in front of my mom, which was super awkward since I would usually used to try to look more feminine when I would go out with my parents so that stuff like that wouldn't happen and I wouldn't get the 'you-need-to-show-your-figure' talk back in the car.

4. Greeley

The fact i can go gym tonight!

5. artiewhat

I read a story about this guy who ended up taking over a coven (AHS:Coven style y'all) and a traditionally female roll and not putting up with anyone's shit. Also wearing big brim felt hats, gloves, and big sunglasses (veerrryyy AHS:Coven to be honest). I have some intense shopping trips planned already!

I'm not sure why but this definitely made me want to accept my "Queen Witch Bitch" side?:lol: I wish the "My Mood" thing had an option for good bitchy.

6. stormborn

i've found that too! maybe i should just stop trying :lol:

7. tone

My friend texted me and was like "you used to love mulan when you were little (which is true, I watched it like every day) and you're trans and she dressed as a boy!!!" it was pretty funny, but it was nice knowing that she's been thinking about it and she used male words with me the whole time (like calling me dude and calling me a boy and stuff) which was super validating. It made me smile the entire time we were texting

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i made the call to reach out to a local informal LGBT group that was recommended by my counselor, and facilitated by her as well. of course im on tender hooks waiting for a call back.

9. ProtegeMoi

My car is toast and I only got 300 for it. Which sucks - but secretly I didn't like the car.

I quit lifting weights about 2 months ago, changed diet and got my thin/toned arms and shoulders back. Now that the bulk is gone it makes me wish I had more $$$ from the car because that is going to cut into the extra money I had to try to find a therapist, get clothes and :frowning2:

I do have cupcakes though and for how many sweets I eat I have a toned stomach so that makes me happy too.

10. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

The only Disney movie I ever liked. I acted out that movie too many times to count when I was a little kid. :lol:

11. justjade

This wasn't today. It was actually the other day. I was talking to one of my coworkers that I'm out to about the issue trans folks have with public restrooms, and this other coworker who didn't even hear the conversation just butted in. He was saying that if a man's messed up enough to think he's a woman, he doesn't need to be in public, period.

I reacted immediately. "You may want to be careful who you say that around."

He just said, "Oh, yeah? Why?"

I told him because I'm transgender and that I have many friends who are, and there's nothing wrong with us. Besides, if you can't tell someone who's anatomically male is in the women's restroom, does it even matter?

It just shut him right up. Later he was asking me questions about my transition and was just acting really cool with it. Yep. I did that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Candace

I get to go see my dad tomorrow and he can drive again! :slight_smile: (He lost his leg to diabetic related gangrene and was stuck at home for a few months).

13. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i came out to my family doctor. Wow, i was so scared but he took it with out batting an eye. i also made contact with some local LGBT people and we're going to set up something next week, like a dinner at their home.

they both, doctor and LGBT lady said i was courageous, i don't know what to think about that but i do feel..... fantastic, elated, releaved,...... wow.

they may seem like small steps to me but it was a giantic leap for me

---------- Post added 3rd Jul 2014 at 09:56 PM ----------

JJ you da Man.(*hug*)

14. tone

I just ordered a new binder online because my current one sucks a lot (my sister got it for free so I didn't really expect much). I'm so excited because even though my current one helps with dysphoria a little I never feel flat enough and hopefully this new one will work well :icon_wink

That's so awesome! I still need to come out to my doctor and therapist (and parents too...). I wish I was confident enough to do that.

15. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

confident? i don't know about that i was so scared my heart about stopped. i've known this man for 20 years and he's only known me as a straight guy, husband and father. and this is a really small town, like less than 1000 people, not that he would betray a confidence or break doctor/patient confidentiality.

16. justjade

I try. (*hug*) Couldn't just let him go on talking shit about my girls like that.

17. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :thumbsup:

18. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  19. Vampire

I finally sorted out my life regarding my crush and friendship issues, thanks to this amazing community. Thank you.

20. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just say this, actually, and I have to say, this makes me happy too.