1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you happy today?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LonestarConnie, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother in law officially became the first person to ever call me by my pronouns! And he's started to treat me like a guy and including me in trans jokes and stuff with him.

Also I got a haircut so maybe now I'll be able to confuse people and not automatically be assumed to be a girl.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got prices for sessions a few days ago. It's going to be expensive ($160 the first, $100 every other following), but it feels so worth it. I'll be looking at another place soon to compare and I'm good as gold.

3. stormborn

came out to my parents last night, good reactions. spent the day gaming with my friends. so it's been good :grin:

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    excellent.

5. MycroftTARDIS

Going camping in Minnesota for a week!!!!!! Yay!!!!!

6. JoshuaTree

Just ran the Pride Run with my friends while wearing a tie! :eusa_danc

An awesome Pride Weekend to everyone! (!)

---------- Post added 28th Jun 2014 at 12:00 PM ----------

That's really great, man. Happy for you!

7. Calix

I took a new pic and thought I passed quite well in it ^.^

Also moved house and my room is almost done :grin:

8. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've really been letting my hair grow out a lot more, and it's felt pretty good. Being poked in the eye by strands of hair has never felt so nice. XD

This didn't happen today, but this thread did remind me of something that did lift my spirits a bit today. I and a few other good friends met up in Florida to spend a few days together and just have fun. I came out once before on the internet (my orientation), but that trip was when I basically came out a second time in real life (my gender identity). Everyone was awesome about it, really felt blessed. ^^

9. WillowRose

I had a really good session with my therapist today. We talked about my upcoming initial consult with an endocrinologist to talk about HRT. My therapist is supportive and gave me some good things to ponder as I move forward. It was a really affirming conversation.

10. Niko

My best friend actually asking me if I was okay with her still female pronouns or not, because she didn't know and was worried.

I told her I was okay with it around people who don't know; but actually being called a girl was a no-no.

I was pretty surprised she did that and it felt really good to know that she still remembered that I came out to her and it wasn't like she forgot or something; because that's what it was starting to feel like.

11. Raatox

I PASSED today!!!!(!)
    It was the first time I clearly got called 'him' by a stranger.
    And that was even after i talked quite much to him!

I'm sooo excited. Had no clue it could feel so incredibly great.
    I felt like flying for like half an hour :grin:

12. justjade

I told my husband that I'm serious about transitioning. He's known I'm transgender for months, but I was kind of iffy about transitioning because I was content, I guess. But now I'm not. Something has to give, and I told him I'm going to actively pursue top surgery and possibly changes to my legal documentation. It was hard. I cried so much, and he looked so sad. But I'm not going anywhere. I love him, and our love--how perfect we are for each other--goes beyond gender. He said he's worried about me changing, but I told him that I don't want to be a heteronormative guy. I want to be me, no matter what. And from where I'm standing, I can only get better. :slight_smile:

13. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    had a good day, slept in for the first time in ages, did some yard work till the machinery broke so we went for ice cream, had a rack of ribs on the BBQ for supper and got some of my inhouse project done, more tomorrow. and i spent the whole day "under dressed" so i kept my lady side close but no one knew.

14. juliegt6

This is bitter sweet... My best friend from growing up because a jerk after high school. He's anti lgbt, and outspoken about it now. We stopped being friends a while before I transitioned. Well, I was buying pop at the gas station today and he was behind me, and I caught him checking out my ass! And he didn't recognize me. I was so nervous and scared he'd realize it was me. I apparently passed well to someone who knew me before and he found me cute. It's weird that I enjoyed this given I'm a lesbian and find him reprehensible now, but eh.

The passing to someone who knew the old me is quite satisfying!

15. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm getting a binder today or tomorrow! I'm super exited!!!

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Found out the place I had recommended to me has cheap sessions, like under $45 cheap. I just might be able to see someone soon!

17. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    Orderd the binder today! yay!

18. justjade

I was visiting a friend last night. He introduced me to his roommate's mom, and she didn't hear what my name is I guess. So she said, "What's his name again?" That felt amazing. :grin:

19. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I think my chest is starting to swell down, fortunately. It feels nice being able to just throw a shirt on in the morning and not have to worry about a binder. :grin:

I feel all the more sick from my medication though, strangely. Hopefully it'll go away soon.

20. songbird

I came out to all but one of my immediate family members tonight. They (including my conservative father) took it very, very well. Even though I'm extremely shaken up right now, I'm pleased and content. I never planned to come out like this (or while living at home period) but it just sort of happened and we had a long discussion and I didn't cry at all, lmao!

One sibling has their own family and kids now so I have to speak to them separately. I'll have to figure out a better way to word everything instead of rambling on and on like a nervous wreck. heh.