Came out to my partner.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Tracks, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Tracks

I don't really know where to start this and I am not a sharer typically. Years of compartmentalizations and being bullied have led me to keep my life very quiet. But I need to do this. I have to start owning myself. I'm not sure where to start. It feels like the narration of a Tarantino movie.

But as the headline says I came out to the woman I'm seeing.shes younger than me.i joke that she's sort of the boy in this relationship. She's definitely bi, and out. And she's very much aware of gender studies and a extremely strong advocate ally to lgbt types. She's brilliant and we talk for hours every night about everything. And I love her. I feel I can be myself around her.

It kind of works because she's a little butch in places and I'm a little fem in places, and we both have some really serious body issues so sex hasn't happened, but she's in my head... Were both ok with that. But she's totally opened my eyes to a world of issues that especially trans people face, and it's really made me take a strong look at who I am and that I need to stand up... Because by comparison I've got it easy.

And so I told her where I was and who I had been with in my past and that I felt she needed to know, and then I added "it wasn't a phase, it's just me." And she was totally amazing and accepting about it. I don't want anyone else right now. She's encouraging that I push my boundaries and explore who I am.

I don't know that I will be able to talk to a lot of other people in my life about it. I certainly don't feel that acceptance from family. But it's a step.

2. Gallatin

I'm glad she was so accepting! Congrats. :slight_smile:

3. GoodVibes117

Out Status:
    Some people
    My boyfriend is Pansexual, and when I came out to him as FtM, he was totally supportive. It's the best feeling, isn't it? :slight_smile:

4. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I'm so happy she was accepting of you. God Bless

5. Tracks

I'm so happy. I mean we both have enough of that... fluidity? If that makes sense? that it seems to work. And she's made some great suggestions for reading material (academics love to give you reading material) and even some fashion encouragements and I never would have thought I could just be the me I am. She joked that I'm taking a blowtorch to my cis het white male card... But I'm not joking any more lol.

Thanks to your encouragements as I continue my journey to who I am! Hugs to you all!

It's trite sounding, but I'm here and I'm queer.