1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, looks like I was right.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PillsHere, Jun 9, 2014.

1. PillsHere

I knew there was something shady about the guy I was seeing. I don't even know what happened but our first little argument (if you can even call it that) he completely drops contact with me, then texts me telling me he doesn't think it's gonna work out, and "gl dude" no explanation or anything..

First time I open myself up to another guy emotionally and I get burned in less than 3 weeks.
    3 weeks...so why the fuck does it hurt so bad and why can't I stop crying?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You'll fall in love so many times before you find the right one so if u've hit rock bottom on dating then it can only get better from there. Plus you're fun you're cool you're nice so you'll probably find Mr. Right soon enough. When you think about it it's funny how many people come in and out of r lives u know what I mean? Some u meet for the better or worse but I hope u find the right dude soon bc you're really sweet (*hug*)

3. mangotree

Sorry to hear/read about your bad luck :icon_sad:

Time known Vs intensity of feelings/heartbreak is never the same from one person to another or from one partner to another, so don't feel bad for feeling bad.

I remember once (when I was younger) crying for 3 days over someone I spent one night with.

So just let yourself cry. There's no shame in it.
    The more you fight against it / the more it will happen.

A good heartbreak distraction if you want it is excercise - especially cardio.

Not sure what else to tell you.

Peace be with you (*hug*)
    Hope you feel better soon.

4. PillsHere

Thank you. I just feel horribly dumb. I knew something was off, but I refused to believe it because this is the first emotional interaction I had with a guy and it felt so good. First time I ever really felt wanted emotionally, physically, everything. To have that just gone so quick is sucky.

5. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, sadly I've been here many times. My best advice is to have some me time to give yourself time to accept the situation and move on from it. Remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I've been here a few times myself.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't matter that it's only three weeks. You have feelings and they have been hurt. The important thing is to not deny or question the validity of your feelings, but to accept them and give yourself a bit of time and space to heal and recover. If it helps to vent and talk on here during that process, please do it. Plenty of us will have been where you are now and we can empaphise and offer a bit of support.

Just remember, this is not about you. If someone walks at the first sign of stress or strain in a relationship, they are probably not cut out for a relationship. It takes a bit (sometimes a lot) of effort and patience to make a realtionship work and you need to find a way of working through the ups and downs. He clearly isn't up for that. He isn't typical though, so don't give up.

7. PillsHere

I just wish he could have explained to me what happened. It ended so abruptly and without real reason. I am a person who over-thinks the simplest of things, I'll go through a thousand scenarios of why something happened for even the most basic stuff, so something like this is stuck in my head. I could move on easier if I had a straight reason why. Did he not like me? Was he not ready for a commitment? Was he just an asshole and only using me for his own needs? I literally begged him via text (since he wouldn't answer his phone) to just talk about it, if not to fix things but to give me closure.

8. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sadly some guys and girls can be like this. It makes you feel cheap because they can't respect your feelings enough to give you a straight answer. I wouldn't waste your text messages on him, the only thing you can really do is ignore him. Occasionally they might come back when they realize what they have lost and then it can be your turn to say no thanks. But yeah, i'd advise you to find a friend who can keep you busy, go bowling or something. Trying to understand humans is impossible, I've been trying to work out one of my friends for the last 4 years, in the end I just had to accept that he has his reasons that only make sense to him. Wish I could give you a hug right now (*hug*) don't feel cheap whatever you do

9. PillsHere

I really don't know how a person could in all consciousness do this to another person. We were supposed to meet at a theme park, be friends and go slow. He insisted I come see him the night before, I argued (not angrily) with him for over an hour about why I didn't want to and was scared, being anxious and never been emotionally or physically open with a boy in that way. He reassured me over and over my anxiety or awkwardness to the situation would not cause any trouble.

Trust him, open up to him, go see him multiple times and spend all night doing affectionate things, and he just tosses me aside and ignores me. I'm left to feel nauseous and heartbroken.