1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions on messaging him for the first time

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Skov, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Skov

Hey everyone,

I know that the guy I like is into me. The problem is that I don't know him very well, so I don't know how to strike up a conversation with out of the blue. We are friends on Facebook (mainly because we are in the same major), but we have never really talked one-to-one. Since classes are out, my only options of talking to him are either a) waiting until next semester starts where he might already have another guy, or b) messaging him on Facebook.

Again, I am 100% positive that he likes me, so really nothing could be too bad. I'm just looking for ideas of what I could say to make the initial message a little less awkward.

Thanks in advance!

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    say like, hey how are you, kinda take an interest in him and he will in you, im almost sure

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might just be a little awkward, and that's okay, honestly.
    But you can maybe talk about your schooling, what he's doing during his summer away from your work, etc.
    School is always an easy conversation starter, and it seems pretty innocent.

4. Skov

Thanks for the suggestions. I know I'll be okay after that first message. I just need to think of something to say that isn't super lame haha.

I wish he would've been single back when we were in class together

5. idkgrrrl

Ask him how he's been, invite him out to go eat lunch, be somewhat flirty and see how he reacts. If it's good, then you are good to go! :wink:

6. Skov

Omg I haven't been on here in a while and was going through my old posts when I saw this one. Anyways, long story short, this guy is my roommate now haha XD

7. robclem21

are you dating.... or just living together :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. If you're gonna update bud you gotta do a better job than that....

#7 robclem21, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  8. Skov

Haha true :slight_smile: We're just living together. We both are dating other people now haha.