1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is rape the worst crime?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Techno Kid, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thedistra

I consider murder the worst crime. Once that spark is put out its gone for good. Your still alive after rape, you could make it through all the emotional trauma and live a happy life. Even if the odds are not great.

Life is something you can't get back no matter who you are. That's how I look at it.

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having been raped, and having been a 9-year-old boy when it happened, there were quite a few times when I wished that he had killed me.

I don't know that you can fully overcome the effects of it, as I still have a lot of issues that stem from it, namely being touched and self-esteem.

The way I see it, rape is like murdering someone without actually killing them. In my case, the happy, witty 9-year-old I was at the time was replaced with a kid who had some repressed pain and shame and hurting, and who knew way too much about sex for his age. Looking back on the years after that, I showed all the signs of a child who's been molested: my grades in school dropped, I started acting out, I had an interest and knowledge of sex that was way advanced for my age. He killed the old me and replaced him with this me: an old soul who's been known to be a tad cynical and had to rediscover his humor and old personality as a way to hide his shame and issues that I'll have to live with until the day I die.

#42 AwesomGaytheist, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  3. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I speak from experience. Rape is perhaps not the worst crime, but if you are murdered you are no longer there to deal with it. Rape lives with you.

Just something to think about

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Torture is the worst i think, but rape can be a form of torture.

Anyway, i believe in "no mercy for the guilty".

5. Ravi-VIXX777

The worst that can leave you still alive-meaning you have to the live with nightmares, anxiety, and fear-yes. The worst of them all? No, but it ranks in the top 5 for sure.

6. Jason29

I think the only thing worse than rape is a Paedophile I dont support murder but for those sickos i wouldnt stop it.

7. lukeluvznicki13

Murder is probably the worst but rape survivors will be mentally and physcologically scarred.

8. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well Ive never been murdered but my I was raped for several months by my ex boyfriend before I accepted my orientation.... And my only sexual experiences have been assault. And awful assault too not to get all personal.

Maybe Im biased.... so in the interest of being unbiased Id say it depends on individual circumstances. Like if I had a gun to my head I dont know which Id choose. Even if I did choose rape out of fear for my life what quality of life would I have? Rape has very long term effects psychologically, mentally, emotionally

9. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think rape is worse. You don't get over being raped. And for certain females or males with female parts it has the chance of getting her/him pregnant which they than have to either undergo abortion/keep the baby/give it up for adoption.

And as sad it is to say people often look down on rape victims and say they provoked it.

I'd rather be murdered than raped but I don't support the death penalty or think rapists should be killed/ tortured but not killed.

10. BelleFromHell

Torture is the worst crime, and rape is pretty much the worst form of torture there is, so YES.

I think murder can only compare to rape when it's torturing someone to death, but even then, the victim eventually escapes the horror. A rape victim can't.

Personally, I could never cope with being raped, and suicide would be my only option. Because of this, I have an enormous amount of respect for people who have been raped and are still here to talk about it.

As for the death penalty, I normally don't support it. I think murders and rapists (once they've been proven guilty) should be locked in a small dark room, never to see the sun again, and sit there until they starve to death. The death penalty is too quick and easy. They need to suffer for what they have done.

The only instance I support the death penalty is when there is not enough room in prison for them. (of course, our prison system wouldn't have that problem if it didn't throw so many non-violent drug addicts in prison for 20+ years...)

11. DMark69

I don't know if I would put levels on rape, murder, torture, or genocide. They are all above the threshold I consider heinous crimes. I would have absolutely no problem using lethal force to stop any of the above crimes if I could. I personally believe if you stoop to the level to commit any of those crimes, you have given up your right to be part of society, and even to live.

12. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. Not if you compare it to mass genicide, infanticide, torture, need I go on.

Yes it is a vile and terrible crime. But it's not the worst.

Happy days :slight_smile:

13. BelleFromHell

I hate to be a smartass, but rape is torture.

14. Techno Kid

I agree.

15. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The absolute worst crime that you can commit is to pass quick judgement on a fellow human

16. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think torture involving intense physical pain is the most heinous crime ever - something like being slowly decapitated or having your stomach cut open - a person will only do that because they probably get some sort of sick, twisted pleasure from watching another human squirm in agony. The person might die at the end, but the excruciating pain they have endured while alive is beyond most people's imaginations.. I don't want to find myself in a situation like that - even if I live to tell the tale. A bullet to the head is more merciful.

I don't know how I'd cope with rape, and I don't want to find out. I'd like to think that I am strong enough to overcome something like that, but I dunno.

#56 imnotreallysure, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  17. One Man Army

I have no idea how to answer this question. I'm not being stubborn, I just can't comprehend what the effects of rape are like. Call me sheltered, but nobody I know well has been the victim of a major crime.

All I can say is that rape, like all forms of torture, is so insidious because it affects the victim for life - and it also impacts their family and friends. So, for a crime that is committed against just one person, it's one of the worst.

18. aidan

this thread is really weird and inappropriate and it really needs to die

19. Techno Kid

Why? This is something that needs to be talked about if we are going to ever address rape culture.

20. aidan

rape needs to be talked about and it needs to be talked about sensitively. casually comparing it to other crimes for no reason is weird and not useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.