1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is homoflexible a thing?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Dactyl, May 28, 2014.

1. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

The kinsey scale is helpful, but I think many people define it differently too. I think 0's and 1's are straight (0's being the no-exception bunch and 1's having some curiosity and exceptions for the same sex). 5's and 6's are gay (See the former description). While 2's though 4's are bisexual (2's preferring the opposite sex, 4's preferring the same sex, and 3's being an equal 50/50).

Like stocking said, It's sad that people lump bisexuals together in a static or rigid definition because It's the most fluid sexuality of all.
    There are bisexuals who:
    - Like men and women equally
    - Prefer men over women, or vice versa
    - See sexual appeal in both sex, but can only be romantic or have romantic feelings for only one of those sexes
    - Some can even only have romantic feelings for women, and only sexual feelings for men (or vice versa) and they still consider themselves a bisexual.

There are just so many combinations available.

2. NHDave

NHDave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

3. NHDave

NHDave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A note about my post above - the blog engine attributed the quote at the top to me - it was actually a quote from Fallingdown7.

---------- Post added 1st Jun 2014 at 10:31 AM ----------

Novel terms like homoflexibility are created because people misunderstand and misuse standard terminology. Queer and gender-queer are also examples of this. All these new terms really do is increase confusion.

If you understand how human sexuality works from a biological standpoint, you know that no individual actually has "flexibility." Our sexual orientation and gender identification are hardwired in the womb (there's solid and increasing scientific evidence to back up that statement.)

What some people experience as flexibility or shifting attractions is actually a shift in understanding of one's own sexuality. We know that this perception is affected by our mental health, personality, social pressures, and life experiences.

Commonly accepted terms like straight, bi-sexual, homosexual (or gay and lesbian), and transgender are accurate to the extent that they describe a range of possibilities and not a fixed point on a scale. Learn about the famous Kinsey Scale, which provides an excellent way to more closely define your own sexuality in an objective way. Read my posts on pages 3 and 4 of this thread for more information.

#63 NHDave, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  4. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I think it is a thing, because that's essentially what I'm like. I like girls, like reeeaaally like them, but once in a blue moon I'll find a guy attractive and fantasize about him. That's purely sexual though and I don't think I'll ever do anything with a man in the real world.
    People in general don't really know what "homoflexible" or " Kinsey 5" means though, so I simply go by gay.
    The reason I don't identify as bi is not biphobia, but simply because my attraction to girls is so much stronger and goes so much deeper emotionally, and my attraction to men isn't even present 11 out of 12 months, so bisexual just doesn't feel right.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

#65 stocking, Jun 1, 2014
  6. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I'm the same way. Nice to know I'm not alone because I feel so weird about it.

---------- Post added 1st Jun 2014 at 02:06 PM ----------

Stocking, I really disagree with what you said about how that happens because of wanting to get pregnant. I have absolutely no desire to ever get pregnant.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I mean your body does , you may not .

8. Reptillian

I'm going to say three things in a list.

1. You have no evidence to suggest that this represents all cases of changing sexual orientation identities.
    2. You have zero evidence to suggest that sexual orientation cannot be changed by changes in the brain which plays a role in sexual orientation which also plays a role in direction of attraction, sexual behaviors, libido, and so on. There's plenty of evidence to suggests that all kind of brain changes had occurred and it affects them to the point where lots of changes in an aspect of a person had changed, and it shows that no aspects of a person (Abilities, and personality) related to the brain is exempt from this rule. Why should sexual orientation be exempt?
    3. Deliberately erasing those who has confirmed themselves to find themselves in a situation where they see that sexual orientation changes on it own is the best explanation.

There's nothing that needs to be said anymore because I don't feel like wasting my time explaining how sexual orientation changes is possible without intentions to change involved. I'm also one of those people who finds himself that sexual orientations changes on it own is the best explanation as to why one went from heterosexual to asexual (Or any other changes) over the course of years.

#68 Reptillian, Jun 1, 2014
  9. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Stocking, how does that work exactly? Wanting a baby is an emotional thing whereas sexual attraction is physical.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Are you attracted to men physicality?

11. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

No. What does that have to do with anything though?

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm just trying to figure out if it's what my friend said because she said that happens to some lesbians when their ovaulating sorry I can't spell the word . You may not have any desire to have any babies but your body wants to get pregnant it's like your biological clock in a sense . if that makes sense sorry if I made you uncomfortable . My friend who is also a lesbian told me that because she that used to happen to her . what your going through now .

13. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @stocking: actually I think you're right in my case, I've actually noticed that those times tend to be around ovulation, so I came to the same conclusion myself.
    It's still a bit annoying, but I guess all animals have this drive to procreate and keep their genes alive, so it doesn't really suprise me.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think it's that in your cause , it happens to some lesbians too doesn't mean your bisexual just your body doing that when ovulating . I can see why you use homoflexible because of it , I guess not everyone that use homoflexible is bi it really depends on how they define it or describe it that determines if their bi or not .

15. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I get what your saying but that isn't the case with me. You didn't make me uncomfortable, just curious about your reasoning.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ohh I see , I was just trying to help but yeah I don't think that's the case with you now .

17. NHDave

NHDave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All the research I've read provides no hint that sexual orientation actually changes. However, there's plenty of evidence that humans learn about themselves as they mature and grow older. If you know of any research suggesting fluidity in orientation, I'd love to read it.

18. BleachedHair

BleachedHair Guest

In my opinion sexuality is spectrum not just gay OR straight. There is everything in between...

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I disagree people can be gay,straight or bi not everyone is fluid

20. ProFriend

ProFriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Basically, you have it right. All sexuality exists on a continuum, from exclusively heterosexual to exclusively homosexual. You can visualize it like at artist's gray scale. (Google that to see one.)

We all just choose the term that seems to fit us best. If you want a self-description that's a bit more accurate than just gay, straight or bi, try the famous Kinsey Scale, which has seven different "categories" from zero to six. (You can Google that too.)