1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About yourself?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lukas17, May 28, 2014.

1. Emulator

I'll be brutally honest and say no. I never fit in, unless it was in an army of my clones. The community I come from is rather conservative, upholding tradition in its beliefs. Deviants are rarely treated with compassion.
    Personality-wise, there would be a few people I can somewhat identify with, but never entirely.
    I don't care about fitting in anymore, though.

2. Hexagon

Let me explain this with pictures:

This is me:
    [​IMG]

This is the space I was supposed to fit into:

[​IMG]

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, geometrically speaking, a regular hexagon can fit into a equilateral triangle if a cross section of the hexagon was taken :lol:

4. Hexagon

Depends how big the triangle is.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Kentucky is an interesting state. The state is just swamped with incest jokes, hillbilly mentality, and fried chicken (thank you Colonel Sanders for this one), from everyone. It doesn't help that we house the first or second largest (depending on the time of the year) compound for the Ku Klux Klan -- and this is about 30 minutes away from me! Historically, we get the short end of the stick, because we birthed Abraham Lincoln and Jefferson Davis, the two opposing Presidents in the American Civil War, and so hardliners from both sides tend to dislike us. Politically, we're practically dominated by the right-wing, save for a few college towns; it really doesn't help that Mitch McConnell, from Kentucky, the Minority Leader in the Senate, is leaving such a bad aftertaste in the mouths of the masses.

I could go on and on, but this isn't the point of this thread, is it?

I would say that, no, I do not fit in. Not because I can't, but because I choose not to. Whether it be divine clarity or just a rebellious spirit, I have never wanted to just mesh with the masses, for the sake of being accepted. While I believe we all seek acceptance, to me, it was never justifiable to sell who you are, just to hide behind numbers. True acceptance would be me welcomed, with open arms and loving hearts, for who I am, what I believe, and how I survive. In this area, that is incredibly difficult to find, and so I tend to be a one-man army.

However, I look at my circumstances as a kind of test. You could go on and discuss predestination and similar theories, but I'll keep it simple. I could have been born somewhere more difficult, or much easier, but there is a certain appeal to staying and wanting to influence, even if it is just one mind. I don't want to run away to a sanctuary, because it just confirms the notion that what I run from, is right, and will be right so long as they can run us off. I'd rather stay right here and be an example, and to tell the societal structure it can suck my steel-toe boot.

To bring it a little more personal. I've always felt like an outsider. I'm on a different wavelength than most, though, at times, I can line up with another. It just won't last long, I'm afraid, because I am either too relaxed when I should be riled, or I'm too lively when I should be serious. I used to be upset about never finding anyone to be a genuine friend with, and I would even dwell on suicide as a possible remedy. However, I eventually realized, perhaps the reason I don't have a genuine connection with anyone is, because I'm not being the type of friend, or person, I'd like to be around. Maybe by just letting the world hurt or oppress me, I'm missing an opportunity to set an example to those around me, who perhaps, if shown it is okay to defy the standards of our world, would also emulate this. It was difficult, but I made the effort. I've stuck with it, and though failure constantly reminds me of it's presence, I have, over a period of time, made an impression on individuals. I have swayed ignorance, flustered hearts, and instilled a sense of belonging on those who felt nothing.

Despite all of this, deep down in my core, I feel as if I simply exist as a reminder, that loneliness and a lack of love, exist. If everyone was with someone, and they were loved unconditionally, then we would have no fear, no humility, no reason not to take such things for granted. I've been said to be cynical when it comes to this, perhaps even idiotic for considering such, but unlike most, I don't let it break me. No, I perceive it as a challenge. If I can be the best damn person I can be, despite this potential reality, in spite of these setbacks, then those who have accessibility to these things, or who do have them, have no excuse not to be a meaningful and understanding member of society.

I might bend, but I refuse to break.

Wow, that last line was cliche. May as well get John Williams to write a musical score to this, and throw in some fancy flags, maybe some guys on horseback too. Fuck, let's just jack Braveheart. LOL!

#25 Kaiser, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  6. Cass

I don't fit in anywhere
    I am a bisexual Christian who's just too different from everyone else. I don't really belong on eath. Maybe Mars or the moon

7. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont fit in here at all.I am living in turkey where most people are homophobic.
    Even the goverment doesnt give the prior rights to lgbt people here!
    There has been loads of lgbt murders and they are still not doing anything about it.I wonder when are they going to start executing gay people like in other muslim countries

8. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am happy to be living in a large city that is, for the most part, tolerant. My school, however... well, lets just say that you know who your friends are at certain times. The majority of the people are amazing and accepting, but there are those certain bigots that really make their opinions known.

9. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well i can say that i don't fit here but then i've never fit anywhere i have lived, LOL. more and more i get the feeling that i need to make my own fit where ever i am.

10. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a bipolar, suicidal, freak, with self harm scars everywhere, and i hate myself.

Anything else can be summed up in my sig ^,^

11. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

I kind of hop around different social groups but don't fit into one particular group, but I like where I live since I get cold winters and warm summers. Everything around me in the general vicinity I like because it is familiar from my laptop to the music that's playing, even the colours :grin:

Stuff in town is kind of bland and everywhere there are potheads and drunk teens, so yeah- not exactly my sort of scene :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't say that. We are out there. (*hug*)

13. CrazyChances

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like where I live - for the most part, it's pretty accepting of the LGBT community.
    But, I have to admit, I didn't really 'fit in' until I came out. I was so busy trying to fit into the 'norm' that I lost sight of who I really was... and to a point, looking back now, I think I was carrying around a certain amount of shame about being lesbian; thinking that people would look and me and just KNOW that I was, without me ever actually telling them. So when I came out, all of that weight was lifted, and I was able to just be me, and once that happened, everything else just fell into place.

14. juliegt6

I work at a huge company that is headed by two very conservative Dutch Christian families, I bet money you can guess the company. They didn't cover any of my trans expenses but actually were very accepting in terms of my transition.

15. Ohhai

I don't fit in anywhere. It's kind of lonely.

I am/was a teenage mother, lesbian, 21 years old, a univeristy student who doesn't go out drinking every night, someone with really bad communication skills who would rather read and watch films then hang out with friends, and doesn't like most people. How hard can you get to fit in? I've never even tried because I just don't like what I'm expected to be.

16. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm starting to fit in where I live. Even though I've lived here my whole life. I hate the weather here though.but overall everything isn't too bad.

17. White Knight

(*hug*) We are here for you to listen you whatever it is you want to share you know.

On topic;

I had my share of not fitting in problems in the past. Nowadays tho', maybe because of age I feel more mellow and relaxed. Enjoying the movies, books, games or comics I enjoy have nothing to do with my sexual identity. After many years I really feel alive again.

Probably those feelings and depression comes with territory of being a closet case. Hope everyone can figure their way out. Life is too good to miss out. You are never alone, if not in your current earthly location, you can find friendly people who can accept you as you are on the net.

18. Polterpup

I definitely feel as though I don't belong in this little redneck city of Tennessee. Too many homophobic people, but all my friends make me feel welcome though, so that's a plus.

19. CyanChachki

I don't really know what I think about myself. I do like myself but I know I need to work on my appearance. I don't think I'm ugly at all but I am doing it for my health. As for the City I live in, no.. I don't really fit in here. There are a lot of rude and dramatic people who live here, people who exaggerate on their drama and I would rather not be around it. I feel that I would fit in more with the people in Vancouver.

The only place I really feel comfortable in this city is around the LGBT community. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot that goes on around here. Basically one big main event a year, so I don't know too many people, even though I'd like to.