1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The origin of your username

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Milonov, May 26, 2014.

1. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    From Florence Welch my favorite singer and I was born in 2000.

2. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Born in 2000, that makes me feel old. Thought I replied to this thread before but oh well. I'm English so we call a closet a wardrobe. Hense the name Wardrobe escaper.

3. RainDreamer

When I was young, I love the rain. It was a time of hate. Hate directed toward LGBT people, where any sign of deviation from the norm was considered a social ill, and the people who are caught doing so will be prosecuted, socially under the judgmental eyes of their peers, and sometimes legally under an oppressive government.

I am a trans girl, who were living in that environment. Back then, I didn’t even have an idea about what my condition is, and in our native language, there weren’t even a word for transgenderism, unless you count a degradative slur as one. So I was just tumbling along, playing along, getting dragged along with all of the other kids of my generation while feeling that something is horribly wrong with me inside and there was no way I could tell anyone about it. And so I hide it all in, deep in the darkest crevices of my heart. After all, being perceived as a boy, I was supposed to be masculine. I was supposed to be strong, to supressed my emotion and never show any kind of weakness. “Boys don’t cry,” they would say. If you cry, you would be bullied - that was as natural as coming to school for the kids. If you cry and get bullied, the adults tell you to “man up” and stop crying. So what would a confused trans girl do when her feeling are so welled up she had no choice but to burst?

For me, I waited for the rain. In a tropical climate like my homeland, rain happened often. Everytime the sky cries, I joined in. Within the falling rain, I could cry to my heart content. I could let all the stress, the pain, the confusion, the irritation, everything that my heart held tight in its darkest corners, loose. And no one could tell, because it was raining. They thought I was an odd one, yes. But they never paid more attention. It was how I survived.

As my relationship with rain deepen, I sometimes dream of the rain as something like a friend. An anthropomorphic representation of my salvation. My dreams changes often, but for the longest time, rain has always been there by my side, protecting me and reassuring me that I am ok. That it is fine to be me. That I can let everything out within the rain.

As I grew up, and the world changed, at least a little bit, I became stronger. I found friends, I found love, and I found a little more courage to stand on my own. I still fear the judgements of others around me, and I still dread being an outcast in my society. But, I now can tell others about who I am, about my story. And I hoped that I could be the support for someone else in need, just as the rain has been to me. This is why, I called myself Rain Dreamer. This time, I will be someone else’s rain.

4. HelmetBoi

Mine's pretty simple - I like helmets! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Candace

Well, Spanish is my 3rd language and I speak it extremely fluently.

My best friend is Venezuelan. My name means "The cool guy/dude" in Venezuelan Spanish slang. The name just stuck and I knew that only certain people, like 0.0000001% of the EC community would get the name reference :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was 6 months old when I was adopted from China. My parents had gone "missing;" no doubt they had either died or abandoned me because males are favorited in China. Well, all that aside, when my parents came to get me, I was given a panda stuffed toy that was bigger than I was from the orphanage I was at, as a kind of memento baby gift. Pandas have always been like my animal, I guess. When I was a little kid, my mom and I started watching a giant panda called Tai Shan from the National Zoo in DC grow up as I did. He was born in 2005; I was 7, so I was old enough to understand what was going on and follow his story (his mother was born the same year I was but I wouldn't have been able to watch her grow up in my early years). So Tai Shan has a special place in my heart. His name means Peaceful Mountain in Mandarin, I believe.

I chose this name because I love Tai Shan and couldn't think of anything else at the time (as I was trying to think of a screen name different than the ones I use on other sites).

#46 Tai, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  7. MatthewJS

Matthew is my first name. J is the initial of my first middle name. S is the initial of my last name

8. Acm

Acm Guest

I just chose 3 random letters, I was kind of in a panic when I made this account so I didn't put much thought into it

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Why not have it stand for:

A Cool Man? Because you are.
    Always Counting Money? Because it helps to have a hood alias, for when your debut rap album drops.

Or, my personal favorite:

All Crocodiles Mack? Because your avatar is so damn awesome!

10. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Ok well here's how my username came to be :slight_smile:

C--Christy first person I can out to :slight_smile:
    06--I came out to her in June
    12--on the twelfth of June
    2014--year I came out :slight_smile:

11. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The king of the Baltic was nickname given to me in Manie. During a jazz band concert I rocked an amazingly hard solo and afterwards people said to me "look is the king of the Baltic". People would shake my hand and everything, I felt like a celebrity

12. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My username comes from a story of me setting a person on fire on ancient... Oh boy, crazy fun times

13. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LostLion.

I'm lost as a person...sexuality wise, personality wise and emotionally. The Lion has a lot of symbolism in my life through my college organizations and my religion.

I don't get associated with the lion a lot by my friends...so it was a good animal to pick since it's not something someone can google and associate with me.

Also, I am very intimidating to people (according to family and friends), like a Lion, I'm loud (like a Lion's roar) and I have stick by my convictions and generally don't care what people say or think about me. I see a lion as a confident animal.

14. PICollins91

My username is actually the fictional character I use in my stories, a Private Investigator named Steven Collins. It made sense as I've come to realize the more I learned about myself the more I learn about the character because he's pretty much me with some minor differences. My birth year is 1991 so I added that as I've never come up with how old my character is except he's in his late twenties.

15. Minnie

Mine was after one of my old cats.

16. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
  17. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its just my name with two extra "a"s at the end lol I'm too boring to think of anything more creative

18. Acm

Acm Guest

:roflmao: From now on it can stand for one of those