1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm in love but how do you know!?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Richie., May 22, 2014.

1. Richie.

Hi guys I've been seeing this guys since January we have a great friendship we like so much of the same Things when we are together it's like time just passé by and bfore I know it I've been at his house for ten hours. When he touches me I get butterflies. When were not together we message each other all the time.. He is never far from my thoughts

I feel like fate played a role in bringing us together we hit a few snags but despite that we got together and it just fits

I was speaking to my therapist about him and saying how not putting a label on the the relationship and living in the moment has helped us develop.

The other day I asked him if we should talk about where we were he said maybe and we settled on him being my good thing which is what he is

Yesterday we spoke again saying how good the relationship was and how we are more than good friends So I'm happy to have this great thing going

Is it love or not?

Peace

Richie

2. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hard to say... I guess just keep taking it slowly, and proceed with caution.

3. Molly1977

Hi Richie, I wouldn't worry if it is love or not just enjoy the fact that you have someone nice in your life to spend some time with. It sounds really nice what you have with this man just relax and don't over think it too much.

4. Aaron82

Aaron82 Guest

You both need time to figure out is this love or just friends.

5. Penpal

Whatever it is its sounds great! Enjoy and time will tell. X

6. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you describe sounds pretty familiar, actually.... :thumbsup: I should probably get all parental and say "be careful!" But I'm no one to talk about caution, having dived into the deep end of the pool myself without so much as sticking a toe in the water first.

Being in love is unique and I think it's different for everyone. (Says the guy who is as much of a newbie at this as you are!) For some people, it's finding someone who is so different from themselves that they add a totally new component into each others' lives and open them up to things they never considered before. For me, it was just the opposite - I always felt isolated and alone, and found someone with so many of the same feelings and such a similar personality, that we both really instantly felt like we had found the one person we could trust completely, who we felt totally at ease with, for probably the first time in our lives. (And I do mean instantly!)

All I can tell you is that for me, it feels different from anything I've ever felt before, intense and wonderful, not scary at all--in fact I've never felt so sure of anything in my life. It makes my whole complicated, messed-up journey to this point have a reason for being. Your therapist is right - don't try to put a label on it. But my experience so far has been that if it's love, you can't not say it or think it. And it's amazing! (*hug*) Good luck to you!

7. GayDadStr8Marig

:kiss:I'll just say ditto to choirboy for the obvious reasons.:slight_smile: :kiss: :icon_redf

Richie don't worry about what you call it. If it feels like love then treat him like he's the love of your life. It really does make everything that went before so worth it to be at this point.

Rick

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you know him and love the good that you see in him. If you want to take care of him. If you respect who he is and who he wants to be and if you are there for him when he needs you...call it what you will, but that's as pretty damn close to love as most of us will ever get!

9. setnyx

ditto. i'm happy for you.

10. Corwin

Man, it sure sounds like it from where I sit. :slight_smile:

But I agree with the others - don't feel compelled to over analyze it and put a name on it. Just enjoy it and go with the flow.

And I totally agree with Rick, when he says "treat him like he's the love of your life". I think that's the best you can do!

I'm very happy for you!

11. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty simple. It's love if you think it's love.

12. Richie.

Thanks guys, I'll continue to enjoy it whatever it is x

Peace