1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one who hates Frozen?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by topgear109, May 22, 2014.

1. valerie247

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was about to post this same thing...

2. stillhidden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought Frozen was pretty entertaining. I don't understand why it really blew up quite so much though. I love the song "Let it go" - it's like the perfect coming out song, lol. In fact, the entire movie almost feels like an allegory for coming out. Elsa being born with something she can't control and her parents shutting her up in her room (never letting her out, she never wanted out either - was basically her "closet"). She finally gets outed by her sister and runs off which is when the song "Let it go" plays and is basically accepting herself as different (she quite literally becomes "fabulous" at the end of the song). And then her sister accepts her for who/what she is.

I know I'm reading way too much into it, but when I was watching it, I felt strangely connected to what was going on. When "Let it go" started to play, I thought to myself, "this is totally a coming out story" lol.