1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You Ready For A Female President?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JStevens96, May 20, 2014.

?

Are You Ready For A Female President?

Poll closed May 28, 2014.
  1. Yes

96.2%
  2. No

3.8%
  1. tscott

Having lived in D.C. through the Clinton years, I was disgusted by the Clintons from early campaign through the presidency...despite the good economy which I believe no president can truly control...they shamed the office at every turn...clearly their's is a show marriage, which of and by itself is neither here nor there, but it was the initial idea they presented to the country that we'd get two for the price of one...Hillary's gift grab at the end of office would have shamed Eva Peron...they were mules in horse harness...they had a bad reputation in a state know for corrupt officials and liars...brilliant, but woefully ignorant of decorum...I don't know how many friends who were Democrats came home after fundraisers mooning over how blue his eyes were or how they had the common touch...and these were normally intelligent people who simply drank the Kool-aid and never questioned anything simply, because they crossed paths with these people...unquestioning sheep...ugh.

I make no bones about being a consevative regarding fiscal governance and on some social issues and having recently come out and the more I learn of our history I suspect some views may change, however, Johnson who brought us "The Great Society", the author of our nascent nanny state, the father of the debacle known as Vietnam, can be blamed for almost single-handedly for the destruction of the African-American familiy through welfare by driving men out of the their traditional roles as husbands and fathers by rewarding single parent households. This is the result of politics of guilt, and we're headed further down the same road.

So it's very important that we elect someone based on issues, not charisma or emotions...male or female...and with as much integrity as politics can afford...which unfortunately is little.

2. edgy

edgy Guest

i was so fuqin anxious for your input

personally i wouldn't vote for someone just because of their sex or race. Rather their ideology and policy.

can't say i'm not ready for a female president, but I don't want to see Hillary in office

---------- Post added 24th May 2014 at 07:45 PM ----------

what does this have to do with the above quote?

---------- Post added 24th May 2014 at 07:49 PM ----------

didn't the liberals force her out of office?

3. edgy

edgy Guest

how do they not??

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

If you say you're in support of gays, but refuse to support gays who are in need of help in other ways such as welfare, healthcare, minimum wage disputes, then it's a very shallow and incomplete help which I don't consider pro-gay. If you're conservative on those issues (of course, if the current system where you are is like that) then I don't acknowledge that as entirely pro-gay at all.

I'd rather hear how they do, not prove how they don't.

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And rightfully so.

Palin as president would seriously be a catastrophic disaster for the United States. All that's needed to grasp Palin's competency level (or lack thereof) is to watch her interview with Charlie Gibson on YouTube.

Talk about an epic meltdown. BUSH DOCTRINE?! WHAT'S THAT?!

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so glad you think so. It's absolute stupidity or insanity to think that Palin wouldn't be disastrous, let alone would be a good president.

As for Thatcher, she may have done some good in the first few years, but after that, it's sadistic to think she was a good woman or a good leader.

7. edgy

edgy Guest

when you say queer, do you mean gender?

can you give me a reason how our welfare policy is homophobic

and are you saying that the government should pass policy's that would control private businesses decisions? in America, that's not conservative.

#127 edgy, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, as well as anyone who falls into the LGBTQA+ community. Queer's good shorthand for that trainwreck of an acronym.

9. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Charlie Gibson rocked her world. I can't even imagine what would occur if she had to talk to Putin.

I have tons of respect for John McCain as a person (hate his foreign policy, though), but he must not have taken his pills or something the day he thought it was a good idea to select Palin as his running mate.

10. setnyx

i would like to see a mixed race, lgbt one.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, she got beatdown in the Vice Presidential election in '08 and left office in Alaska in 2010 because she thought governing was too difficult.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But clearly she'd never have earned her position. She'd have won on the race card! Or the gender card! OMG she only would win because of white and male guilt, society is falling to pieces. As we all know, the only unbiased president can be a heterosexual, rich, white male.

Sarcasm, obviously, but the scary thing is that there are people, even on EC, who have that attitude.

13. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

[​IMG]

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

But racism and sexism are dead, guys!

15. fortheloveoflez

May I ask why (if we assume the candidate was well-qualified)? Just curious.

16. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would definitely support a female president but I'd prefer Andrew Cuomo or O'Malley as president for 2016. Maybe Elizabeth Warren.

Hilary just seems really untrustworthy as a candidate. If she was the democratic candidate for 2016 I don't know if I'd vote for her, it really depends on who's she would e running against. If it was Jeb Bush, I'd be on the fence about it. If it was someone like Palin, then I'd definitely go with Hilary. The only republican that I'd truly support for president would be Colin Powell. Although he's retired and generally just too old

17. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course; I'm more than ready for a female president in the U.S.!

That being said, I'll never get over it if my U.S. wishful presidential candidate true love Russ Feingold never re-emerges from political retirement and never makes a run for president.

DAT MAN! *mah little political heart throbs*

(Google him on YouTube if you have no idea who he is. Watch some stuff from him on the Patriot Act, and some of his speeches during the Bush era.)

I'm afraid he's much too amazing of a human being and much too radically courageous and "liberal" to ever get elected on God's green earth though.

Pardon me while I walk away drooling (politically, again, of course) now... and go drown my sorrows in...I don't know...whatever's available (lol) because he'll never be on the presidential ballot. :tears:

18. AlamoCity

Off topic but, when I first saw this thread, I thought it read, "Are You Ready For Some Football?"

:roflmao:

19. Ashleigh16

So if I ran on the GOP ticket where would that leave me?

20. whosamelia

I'm Australian, so why exactly am I contributing... but yes, ready for a female president of the US. From what I've seen, Hillary seems far from perfect, but if I had the choice, would still vote for her over any Republican candidate. Which reminds me of what my mum said when she heard that Hillary is running - "Wow, it'd be pretty groundbreaking, wouldn't it? First black president, then first female president. All that's left is to have a gay president, then a president who is two or more of those things." Good thinking aha, Mum.