1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open or guarded?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, May 20, 2014.

1. I'm friendly and talkative but i surely am quite guarded.
    It gets time to actually know me as a person.

2. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I'm extremely open :slight_smile:

3. Silas

I'm more open when I talk to people online but totally guarded with peeps in person :/

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The same as me.

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Generally guarded

6. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yes, thank you someone else like me

---------- Post added 20th May 2014 at 08:04 PM ----------

holy crap love your name and pic, vampire diaries are the best!!!:slight_smile:

7. pianokeysry91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm pretty open and blunt with people. I think it's because I don't feel I need to time to get to know or trust people, I can figure that out pretty quickly. Life is too short.
    That said, lots of my friends are guarded which is great too since I'm comfortable starting the conversation if needed:slight_smile:. I everyone was the same way, life would be boring.

8. Weekender

I'm generally fairly open. I'm not especially loud and I'm not very chatterbox-y, but I don't particularly try to keep information about me secret. I just try to be 100% me with everyone I meet, and I haven't gotten myself burned yet. Until someone actively gives me a reason to distrust them, I'll trust them.

I just feel like life might be a lot easier if everyone were just a bit more honest about their thoughts and feelings. I used to be extremely guarded and I wasn't happy at all. Now, after letting myself be more transparent, I'm happy with myself as a person.

9. pianokeysry91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^agreed 100%

10. littlemonster11

Typically, I'm a pretty guarded person. I can be reluctant to share information about me depending on the topic and who I'm talking to. There are times I am willing to share things about me. I've tried to impress people quite a few times with trying to be more open. However, I do find it easier to be open with people online as opposed to face to face.

And I definitely have trust issues. That's why I am the way I am. Yes, this is due to past experiences, particularly with family. I also feel like being guarded makes it easier for me to be trustworthy in keeping secrets because I would want the same thing for me. I'm not saying people who are open are unable to keep private information to themselves. I'm just saying that, personally, being guarded has helped me to become loyal and trustworthy if that makes sense.

11. Ohhai

Guarded. Most people don't know me at all.

12. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very guarded. And its not just on gay related stuff, I just don't trust people very often.

13. Thedistra

I'm pretty guarded. You won't get anything emotional/personal out of me in person for the most part. I'm more open online since I always can "hide" if what I say somehow makes a person upset/uncomfortable.

14. NoaWinchester

I am pretty damn guarded. I have a really really hard time expressing my most deep feelings and thoughts to other people. If I laugh and smile a lot during a conversation, there's a good chance I actually don't feel like doing that at all, but I've learned the norms of social situations and adapted to them. Online interactions with others are easier because they're direct and to the point, but I have the time to figure out what to say.

The only people with whom I've shared - more than once and on purpose - deep thoughts or feelings (outside the internet) are my mom and my best friend. But I haven't told neither of them everything.

#34 NoaWinchester, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  15. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very guarded. To the point that my doctor and former therapist and psychiatrist have all told me I need to stop bottling things up and start sharing with others, for the sake of my mental health. I have no idea why I'm so guarded. I think some of it has to do with the fact that when I was a teenager all my friends turned on me, so I stopped trusting people. I honestly can't remember if I was so guarded before that.

16. EyesNeverLie

I'm a little bit of both. I really depends on how comfortable I am with the person.

17. QueerQueen

I'm pretty guarded, though I have no problem with being social and talking with people, though it's usually pretty shallow stuff and nothing very personal about me. I don't tend to start conversations with people I've just met either. For some reason I like to sit back and observe before I interact with them. I am very open about my sexuality though but I think that's it. I don't know if anybody knows me fully, but I think that is pretty normal. I'm an emotional person but I rarely let those things out.

18. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm rather open, at least about most things. Of course, I'll tend to share more the better I get to know someone, but I wouldn't say I'm heavily guarded when I first get to know somebody. It's entirely subjective, as I'll be less prone to share some details, whereas other details I'm fine with talking about. *shrugs*

19. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im a very private and independent individual however since I had a major mental health meltdown a couple of years ago ive been trying to be more open

20. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I am extremely open.