1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did people spread gay rumors about you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, May 16, 2014.

1. itsonlyrelative

Nobody really had before today...but my ex-boyfriend who I thought was now my good friend texted me this evening about how he actually found a bunch of stuff while we were dating that proved I was attracted to our female best friend and now he is telling a lot of people in our friend group...and taking that best friend to prom to mess with me.

2. Iowan1976

I am sure they talked about me. I heard whisperings about it. I just tried to ignore them, as tough as it was. :frowning2:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a jerk.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

In the 11th grade, I had one of my finer moments in life.

During my school's advanced U.S. Government class, some of the more uppity-acting segments of the class was giving a young man a hard time. He came off as very feminine and timid, so naturally he was targeted and made a magnet for bullying. This continued for a few days until it reached the point he was being smacked on the back of the head, and receiving comments like, " I bet you'd like to fuck me in the ass, wouldn't ya? "

At this point I slapped my hand on my desk and said, " He wouldn't, but I would! You have a problem with that? "

He tried to call me a 'faggot', to which I laughed and said, " Don't make me beat you up and fuck you in the ass! "

He sat down, while a few people cracked up and clapped. I remember one young lady yelling, " Daaaaaaaaammmn, white boy hushed that bitch up! "

Nobody bothered that young man in class again. I, being kind of a one-man crew, was left alone, as usual. He did thank me after class, and asked me if I actually meant what I said. I told him it didn't matter, just like it didn't matter who he liked.

Definitely one of my finer moments in life.

5. Gen

Gen

This is perfect. Why wasn't I in this class? Why weren't we best friends?!
    The same thing happened to me and I used that exact line. Well, in all honesty, that was one of my more sassy moments...

Him: "Whatever, as long as he doesn't want to suck my dick."
    Sassy Gen: "Oh, don't flatter yourself. Please believe me when I say that I could write several novels on the things that I would suck before your dick. Do you honestly think I'm sitting here longing to get some of that shit? Never in your life, sir. You couldn't pay me!"

I don't think he ever spoke to me in our lab group again. Oddly enough, I've always had this reputation for being harsh. Heaven knows why.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Aside from the distance of where we live, most likely destiny. Haha. That said, I could have used more wingmen for social injustices. It's exhausting being one of the few openly blunt people in area. About the only support I would receive is an occasional "That's right!" or "M'hhhmmm!", maybe some supportive laughter and clapping.

I suppose I didn't really answer the question with my first response, so this seems like an appropriate time to do so.

I've never broadcast this part of me openly, but I have no problem bringing it up if need be, like that example I posted about previously. I do realize there is, in this world, a strategic necessity to withhold information until a better time, but when the gun is aimed directly at you, you either stand there and get shot or you fire back. I tend to go the latter, because silence is amongst the most common way of condoning such ignorance or hate in another. I'm sure some people, when I do speak up, have considered the thought I'm not heterosexual, and that's fine. They know not to bring it up publicly at least. But even if they did, I have no issue with it. They're just mad my potential dating pool eclipses theirs, or I'm who they wish they could be in front of their cliques, and that helps keep the smirk on my face.

7. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, they do. They say it like it is such a horrible thing; it makes me sick. I am sooooo damn tired of these idiots saying this.

8. changetheworld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My grandmother goes around telling people that I don't like guys even though I've never told her I was gay.

9. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Yes, quite a bit. At work, too.

10. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :grin: what a grandma

11. Silas

Everybody in high school seemed to know I was gay before I did :/

12. confuseduser99

Me too. Not sure about "everybody", but quite a few people did.

Do we inhibit some "gay stereotypes" that we don't even realize that we have?

13. Marc9726

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People in general didn't however my brother told everyone in his year I was gay and tried to do the same in my year, so I just got a constant barrage stupidity for a while when I really wasn't ready to come out. I ended up complaining and no one who actually knew me believed him so it wasn't too bad really.

14. itsonlyrelative

She texted me asking if I would be okay with her going..probably just to address the whole "is it okay to go with my best friend's ex" but everyone in our friend group found out that she was asking me and told me that I better not say anything but "yes". :frowning2:

15. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guess you have to roll with the punches, but you might warn her he's vindictive.

16. Laelia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not in school but at my former job, yes. It was a lesbian who thought every girl was either a lesbian or trying to hide it. She was one of the reasons I went deeper into the closet-total bitch.

17. snazzybrat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In highschool (which I graduated from last year), I did have one guy who suspected I was in a relationship with my best friend. I thought it was hilarious that he suspected that because while I'M gay, my best friend is so painfully straight. Like, it would be astonishing if he happened to be gay. LOL

18. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah... I got beat up. Then i started dressing in school and got beat up some more.

Not my fault I like boys and am a transgirl

19. the stranger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my best friend came out to me a few years ago and after was like "well ok now its your turn to come out of closet" I lied and said I was completely straight and hes all "i dont belive you man EVERYONE knows your gay i mean its so obvious in how you act" well again i told him i was straight and he dropped subject haha. i dont think i act gay though im pretty sure he was just scared and wanted to come out together i feel kind of bad now that i lied but i wasnt ready yet.

---------- Post added 19th May 2014 at 12:01 AM ----------

oh and I was gothic in highschool dressed all in black with black lipstick soooo im sure people had an idea or two haha!

20. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out via facebook to my best friend from elementary/middle school a few days ago. He's also gay. I asked him if others had asked about me being gay, and he said the topic never came up. Moreover, he said this:

"I've always just tried to think of myself as me. Without labels. I mean, without sexual labels at any rate. That's how I (and I assume many of our friends) have always viewed you: without labels."

#60 resu, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014