1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I shall offer him a rose!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RainbowGreen, May 15, 2014.

1. Hyaline

Kudos for being brave and trying. Rarely are wonderful thing won without bravery and sacrifice..

The hesitation is interesting, no doubt. Who knows, in time he might come back and have more to say. In the meantime, I think you handled it wonderfully..

2. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aww, that's too bad TT_TT

3. kenm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What a lovely gesture and you are really a wonderful person to do such a brave thing.

I'm sure you can understand that if he isn't out, going to the prom with you is a huge step and would be overwhelming on top of whatever he may already being going through if he is gay.

As he didn't give being gay as the excuse, the possibility is still there. Especially how he tried to make sure you were ok so often. If it doesn't work out, at least you have a great friend :slight_smile:

Hugs from England (&&&)

4. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well this sounded wonderful even if it didn't end super well. You could've gotten a very negative or aggressive response, and you didn't. And now you know, you can count on him as a friend at least. And friendships are wonderful to have as well, but like you said, who knows, maybe he said no because he's vloseted and doesn't want to b eout or whatever! Just do not think too much about it, I feel it's a common mistake to put too much hope into these things (I suffer from that as well)

5. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thats great dude go for it (*hug*):thumbsup:

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay... I must admit that I don't feel great now... Not one bit.

This weekend is a torture because I can't see him (it always was hard to not see him on weekends, but at least I had hope then). I don't know what to do. I drank yesterday to get through it and I felt better when I was drunk because I couldn't think about it, but now that I'm sober, I'm back to tears again. I can't seem to sleep for more than four hours consecutively and I cry between each rest. I don't eat much anymore and just don't care about anything.

I just put so much effort into this and it lead nowhere... This was my only motivation for the last few months. Now, I have nothing to motivate me... My energy is gone...

7. kenm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Time is a healer.

Find something to distract yourself for a while, but please don't keep drinking.

8. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He's not the only guy in the world. Then again, you don't even know if he could be into you or not. You need to restock emotionally, you have to have other goals, hobbies you can rely on in times like this.

I say give time to yourself to recharge, and to him so that if he had the slightest thought of maybe being gay, it can develop. And if nothing happens you need to convince yourself that it won't lead anywhere other than you hurting even more. And affection should be something positive.

9. huongcba

huongcba Guest

it's so sad that you got rejected but don't lose hope. love will come to you someday.

10. polarpol

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I say finding a hobby would be good for you. For example: during a horrible year in which pressure, stress and anxiety had me disturbed, gardening helped me a lot. Plants, unlike people, always give positive reaction if you give them the right about of water, pamper them with fertilizer or those green pills with vitamins...

You could also pick up painting, scrapbooking, sculpture, birdwatching, studying about fancy cars...or perharps something more active, like a sport. Or even, instead of drinking to forget, start looking up liquor tasting. Anything works, as long as it keeps your attention.

11. kenm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So true about the hobbies, it got me through depression in school and ended up putting me far ahead of the rest at university. Sometimes things do have an upside.