1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your favorite quote?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ElvenDragon, May 15, 2014.

1. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    We are at Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation. Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers on.
    -Mycroft

2. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  3. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both my favourite quotes are from Peter Venkman in ghostbusters:

1. Why worry, each of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back...

2. Back off man, I'm a scientist....

Happy days :slight_smile:

4. FloatingPiano

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you're the one who gets burned." ~ Buddha

5. valerie247

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Basically all of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

"The world was hers for the reading."

“People always think that happiness is a faraway thing," thought Francie, "something complicated and hard to get. Yet, what little things can make it up; a place of shelter when it rains - a cup of strong hot coffee when you're blue; for a man, a cigarette for contentment; a book to read when you're alone - just to be with someone you love. Those things make happiness.”

“Sometimes I think it's better to suffer bitter unhappiness and to fight and to scream out, and even to suffer that terrible pain, than to just be... safe. At least she knows she's living.”

“And that's where the whole trouble is. We're too much alike to understand each other because we don't even understand our own selves.”

“Who wants to die? Everything struggles to live. Look at that tree growing up there out of that grating. It gets no sun, and water only when it rains. It's growing out of sour earth. And it's strong because its hard struggle to live is making it strong. My children will be strong that way.”

“If there was only one tree like that in the world, you would think it was beautiful. But because there are so many, you just can't see how beautiful it really is.”

"A new tree had grown from the stump." (This is the line that will go with my tattoo, it's a symbolic quote that closes the book.)

6. biggayguy

"we're all here to do what we're all here to do." --The Oracle-- , The Matrix