Eurovision song contest

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by PatrickUK, May 10, 2014.

1. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know right? Some of my friends said "the song is good and the voice is good too, but he or she does look so weird".

To be fair, she looks awesome, even with the beard, which is crazy right? And by only looking to the eyes, I think she looks like a girl. I find it much easier to think of her as a girl (who happens to have a beard) than as a boy who is a drag queen.

2. kem

kem

Melodifestivalen.

//

I'm glad the Austrian entry won. I thought it was a classic Eurovision song; interestingly, it was simultaneously conservative and provocative.

I don't really care whether the singer was a he or a she, they looked stunning at any rate.

Didn't watch it this year though.

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Yeah! You know right and I agree with you. Even if she had the beard, I still think she's beautiful. It's crazy! This fact makes me remember when I wear the eyeliner inside the eyes and I look moooore manly than without! :icon_bigg I guess it depends from the person :slight_smile:

4. hollybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She does look awesome, but I don't know if it's just me.. but the beard looked a little fake?

5. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's cool that you look more manly with eyeliner than without it. :icon_bigg But she's beautiful indeed! :slight_smile:

Perhaps she used some makeup to make it more of the same colour. If I grow a beard, it doesn't have the same amount of hair everywhere (perhaps that will change later on), perhaps she has the same issue.

I also though, the beard is too good to be truly natural. :lol:

6. timo

Me and my friends were already planning this last night. "If we win, we should go and see it live next year!" So ehh... maybe it's for the best we ended in second place :grin:

7. hollybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ahhh I see, yeah that would make sense
    My maths teacher tried to grew a handlebar moustache for movember but had two bald bits either side of his lips, still looked cool though aha

8. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, I don't know how expensive the tickets are.. I guess the are not cheap at all. :lol:

9. hollybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Apparently it's viewings are only second in the world to the Super Bowl... so tickets are probably fairly pricey! aha

10. timo

I looked it up, a ticket for this year's finals was between 42 and (yes) 241 euros. Even the cheapest one is way more than I'm willing to pay :lol:

11. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, didn't know that! It's an awesome show, perhaps that's why. :grin:

@Timo: Only 42 euros..? That's indeed much, but I'm willing to pay that haha, I'm even willing to pay 60 euros for it I think. :lol:

#71 Quem, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  12. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was delighted Conchita Won. Not only because her song was the best but because she...or he is LGBT and despite a lot of politicians and knob heads trying/campaigning to stop her from taking part, "She might confused people over their sexuality?!!!! WTF she won, I hope it serves to make ask them questions about themselves. Equally proud Russia got booed (possibly for the Ukraine situation, too).

I didn't make much of most of the songs, no offence but I thought the Netherlands song was one of the dullest. Our commentator (a gay comedian/chatshow host I love him) for the UK got ambushed after he took the piss out the presenters (and rightly so; they were awful! as he does every year) and he was happy to slag the Netherlands off to British viewers. He didn't mention it but you could also tell he was alluding to some surprises about the votes handed to Austria by nations perhaps classed as homophobic. He was VERY supportive of Austria and funnily enough they got 12 from the UK

13. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Somebody I know, travels every year from Canada to the host city to see Eurovision. His pictures from Malmö last year, and Copenhagen this year, makes me want to go too, even though I could end up paying over $CAD 2000 with the tickets for the semifinals and finals.

14. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there's going to be an EC meeting and price doesn't matter, we should go to the ESC. :lol:

I'd like to go too. Perhaps when I'm done studying and have a good job, I'll go, who knows.. But I really want to go. :icon_bigg

15. hollybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love Graham Norton!!
    I love how funny he is and how he's not afraid to tease everything[I/] on the show aha
    And after they'd confettied him he was like "ahh my wine!" (':

16. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate Graham, I'm so glad we didn't have him here in my country.. Oh wait, that's the Netherlands. :lol: Perhaps our entry was dull, but I think it was so much better than UK's entry.. :icon_bigg

17. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So this was the dreary song that came 2nd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkrF8uC92O4

I didn't think ours was the best - well actually - but it was better than that and most of the others. You might scoff and I'm not even being purposely bias. Our problem is nobody likes Britain because we have either invaded or planning on invading them - or at least when I'm PM we will; Lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFqYbibLh8k

I'm sorry ours was way better, and Graham is the best - and honest. Some of those song were rubbish; people voting for their nations neighbour. If we had Terry Wogan still on he would have went down there and punched those shockingly poor presenters right on the chops for that confetti incident. I await Grahams hilarious comments about it on his Chat Show this Friday.

18. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah, your song wasn't better, you think it's better. I think our song was better than UK's song, and judging by the fact we ended 2nd, I think most would agree with me. :icon_bigg

But it's a matter of taste really so don't worry, this is only our 2nd final eh. :lol:

19. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd agree with you there. The British entry definitely deserved more points and a higher placing. Yep, there is a lot of political voting, and Terry Wogan had some of the best commentary on that, during his time.

If the voting would go back to jury voting only, I think the top 10 would look differently. :slight_smile:

20. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Whateverrrr .:eusa_naug Well whip our very own Conchita look alike next year https://twitter.com/Rylan (and my personal weird crush!)

#80 chrisyboy, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014