1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you feel if someone "went gay" for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, May 10, 2014.

1. Camerooon

To be honest, I'm not convinced everyone who identifies as straight is 100% so. Like, sexual orientation isn't binary, and just because you haven't found yourself attracted to any guys/girls, doesn't mean that there isn't one out there you would be attracted to.

I don't know how that sounds, but it's what I think. I identify as 'gay' (though I just say that I like guys) but I don't deny the possibility there is a woman out there that I could be attracted to. I haven't found one, but there could be one. I bet this sounds really dumb.

Anyway, if a person who identifies as straight developed feelings and attraction for me, not just wanting to experiment, I'd be flattered and probably as confused as I am whenever anyone develops feelings like that for me. Unless I'm convinced someone is gay or bi, as a rule I prevent myself developing feelings for them. But if I believed that they truly did like me that way, I might open that side of me and see if I develop any feelings for them (before progressing the relationship further).

If someone wants to experiment or be friends with benefits, though, I'm not the guy for them.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hmm well I would be flattered but I would wonder is this just a I'm curious about girls thing or I want a relationship thing , if she wanted a serous relationship actually liked me as a person I would give a shot even if she's straight but it really depends on her as a person . I wouldn't think she went gay for me I would think she just liked me as a person that even though I'm a girl she fell for who I was . even if it ended and she went back to men at least we made each other happy at that point in time .

#42 stocking, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  3. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This basically me in a nutshell. It's just amazing what the mind can do sometimes to keep itself protected isn't it?
    And I wouldn't expect my crap-looking body to help anyone realize that they're gay anyways.

4. ScatteredEarth

Well I'd be a bit flattered I suppose, but generally those can be a slippery slope. Like Hexagon said, sexual orientation is there from the start, but it doesn't mean that one isn't open to experiment. I don't want to be an experiment :dry:

5. pianokeysry91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ahh screw it, I'd be all about it!

6. Oxelotl

I'd be worried that they could easily turn back or desire women again incredibly strongly. And I'd also imagine it's some trick. But at the same time I appreciate the compliment of turning straight people to me :slight_smile:

7. In my mind, I would be flattered since he wishes he was gay so he could date me, but I wouldn't date him though. He's still straight, but I'd be good friends.

8. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have definitely heard of this happening. In fact, It happened to me. However, it wasn't as it sounds. I started having unknown feelings for the student french teacher at my school. These feelings continued to escalate until I realized what was happening. After I realized this, I started reviewing my life and realized that I had always been this way...I just never acknowledged it. Anyway, I did come out to my parents with the thought that something would be much more likely to happen if I did. So technically I realized I was a lesbian because of her.

9. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    The last time someone said that to me it ended up ruining our friendship, even over 12 months later.

I dont think its possible to "go gay" for someone and be true to one self.. He turned out to be straight, despite hard evidence suggesting otherwise.

Confused =/= "going gay"