1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood clots (menstrual)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gates, May 9, 2014.

1. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend told me it's completely normal so, maybe it's like something common among semetic people... I dunno. I really do not think I can deal with that sort of doctor's visit so, unless it gets worse, I think I'll just ignore it.

2. LuvMyIB

Honestly you need to go to a family doctor not so much a lady doctor. Many family doctors will do a pelvic exam on you and no one would even know why you were there. It is not an obgyn.

My partner has blood clots like I have never seen before. She bleeds more than ever she finally went to our family doctor and they did blood work on her first and found that she was anemic and needed iron pills extremely bad. You need to also check out the web for you symptoms. We use daily strength website it is wonderful for medical issues. Good luck to you.

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no way that I can get that exam. Especially not with my GP (who is a dude!!!). I would seriously rather just deal with it. I'm not anemic as I've been tested for that recently but I'll eat more beef and spinach!

Thank you all for your concern but there's just no way.

4. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

It's literally up to you. Never in your life are you forced to have an exam you don't want to.

Me personally, before I have sex with my girlfriend, I'm getting a pap smear at least to check for STD's, but once that's done there's no way I'm doing yearly or mammogram's.

You're not the only one to say "no thanks". :slight_smile:

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the same way. Unless something major changes, I'll get one done once I've met someone and am planning to propose (given my family history, if I wasn't OK, I wouldn't propose until I was). I think it's likely that I have PCOS or something similar but that isn't really a harmful condition in my case. The mammogram idea doesn't bother me really as long as the doctor is female; I'm so dissociated from my chest that it'd just be meh.

I imagine that once I'm married, I'll just let my wife make appointments for me when she thinks I have to go but it definitely won't be yearly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: