1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont want to live with my sister anymore! What would you do if your in my situation

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TyTy91, May 7, 2014.

1. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I moved out of my parents place about a month ago and I can finally be free however Im now living with my sister, her boyfriend and my 2 nieces. I REALLY don't like living here anymore I do like the fact that I can have freedom.
    My sister just had a newborn the baby is crying but she isnt that bad But I honestly cant really afford it, I hate this house that they are living in (they dont like living here either). However they are saying that they want to move but there arent really looking.

There are bugs in my room Ive sprayed and did everything, the window is the problem so I use plastic and tape it around but it sticks to the wall but I have to keep rubbing it to make it stick. There was a gigantic roach that was in my room last week. Now Im having little flies/knats biting me.

My sister whos moods go up and down she says that we need to communicate if we had any problems and speaks up which my sister has no problems doing however Im hearing from my parents that she is complaining about me. For example not washing the dishes however she had a problem with me washing everybodys dishes and then when she tell me to stop she still has a problem. I even showed them the text messages and they were like wow!!
    My sister texted me that I need to pick which day that I need to wash my clothes however before this happened she told me when I got here that she will be washing in the weekends and that I can wash anytime.
    Just like 2 days ago she was yelling at me but she was frustrated because her 2nd daughter (my new born niece was crying) and my sister felt overwhelm is like what do I do she saying that the kitchen dirty isnt my fault but she said its frustrating.

Just now she was telling me that I need to buy more of there roach spray and she told me that it was for outside. My sisters boyfriend and myself were using it to kill the roach in my room, however I had my own roach spray that my dad gave me, but my sisters boyfriend said that there roach spray paralyzes them which it did.
    Also about the air conditioner it gets hot up here however I didnt know that if you keep turning it off and on that it makes the bill go higher and just to leave it on. My sisters A/C just keeps on blowing and before this had happened last night it was getting a little cool but I thought that sometimes my sister would come upstairs and turned it off (which she did) I really dont mind going to buy some more because I did use it (which I shouldve just used my own) but I only have $12 in my checking account.

I thought I could stay with them for a year but I dont think I will last Im really ready to go kind of right now. To be honest I REALLY REALLY want to move out of here and have another roommate who has most of my personality share

I dont know if im going to stay long because I plan on going to school full time in the fall to which means I wont be working alot.
    Right now I think im going to not go to take an English class in the summer Im going to try to look for a job for this summer make as much as I can until the fall comes, because Ive got to get out of here. I dont want to live here anymore.

My sister said things that we are going to communicate more and blah blah and the opposite is happening I can take it.

Its just that I want to move out but I cant really afford it since I earn only $125-$150 every 2 weeks I only work 2 days a week!

IDK if Im exaggerating but living with my parents was a little more easier at least its more quiet and I had my own bathroom and there were hardly any bugs.

It was really my dads idea to move me into my sister I however wanted to stay until the fall and move in with a roommate, my parents are helping me a little bit financially but what they are doing they might as well let me find a roommate living off campus apartment and help me out that way.

IDK what I should do I know I cant have my cake and eat it too but if I live with my parents again then I would have to live by their religious rules and for my sister being fussed at and experiencing her mood swings! I'll be talking with my therapist soon but what would you do if you are in my situation.

My manager who knows about my situation who really don't approve of my parents beliefs and is gay friendly and knows my financial circumstances believe that I should live with my parents and not to touch my savings until I find a real good place to stay at.

2. olides84

Re: I dont want to live with my sister anymore! What would you do if your in my situa

I think the best way to think about any big decision is to figure which choice sets you up for the longer-term future you want. If that longer term future is going to school full time and getting a place with a roommate in the fall, then perhaps going back to your parents is best if it helps you save some money. You could get that summer job too - maybe you'd be so busy that you'd just be too exhausted to worry about your parents rules and just enjoy the A/C and lack of bugs. Tbh, your current living situation sounds miserable and it's only gonna get hotter in the summer...

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: I dont want to live with my sister anymore! What would you do if your in my situa

Holy shit, I used to live with my brother and his girlfriend since we were living at my parents old house and paying the rest of the mortgage. Freedom from your sibling is the most valuable thing I think... Especially once you grow out of your teens.

You aren't family as much as pissed off roommates then and the sense of familiarity lends itself to get into more fights than usual.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Ok well I remember reading your story about how your other niece is kind of a princess and that your sister was Preg and now she has the baby what I would do is go out to the club meet a guy that wants to move out and roommate with him into a condo. Good idea?

5. LostAndAffraid

I disagree sup, you can't go out looking for a mate just cause you want to live somewhere else. That would put way too much pressure on a budding relationship.

Honestly the advice I have is the same as all my advice. Do whatever you think will make you happiest. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Which place were you more happy at. Your parents or your sisters?

6. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

@ Sup2345 Sounds tempting, but that would only open up another can of worms and or opening up a pandoras box

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Well what else can he do? He's not happy there his sister doesn't want him there bc she's complaining about him I mean isn't that a mess? That's y he should find some guy or even go on a dating site meet a great guy get married move out have fun yay!

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Uh stress!

9. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

@LostAndAffraid I totally get what you're saying but to be honest I would be happy to owning my own place 1 bedroom hell I will take a studio apartment. Plus money can get in the way of becoming happy, for example my situation.

The only thing I can think of now is living with other roommates, however I don't know anyone.
    I plan on going to school full time for the fall and I really dont think I can afford to do that. I do have a part time job but im not getting money like I use to. Im applying for a 2nd job for the summer but idk if I will get hired. If not it maybe a sign that I do need to go to school full time. I do have a few ks but not enough to last me.

---------- Post added 24th May 2014 at 11:47 PM ----------

@LostAndAffraid
    I looked for student housing and there is one however its downtown an far for the college Im currently in and far as well for the community college I plan to transfer too. However I do have a car and if I do go to that student housing they free shuttles that take you to GSU & Georgia Tech.

10. Vashta Nerada

You mention you only work two days a week, is there anyway you could get a contract with more hours?