1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you in the closet about besides your gender or sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, May 6, 2014.

1. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've learned to keep my mouth shut (most of the time) about being childfree. People hate me for being atheist, give me shit about being vegetarian but they will lose their damn minds when I say I'm childfree. Like I personally punched their kid in the face. It's mindboggling.

Add to that, the world is so severely overpopulated I really don't think anyone should be having biological kids. That just opens me up for a lot of "well, kill yourself then!" comments from parents. So yeah. I really don't talk about it much outside of the CF community.

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

o_o

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your choice not to have children should be respected, but also you need to respect those who want to have. You don't give respect, so don't expect receiving. Plus, the biggest problem isn't "overpopulation" but greed. And I say this although I haven't thought of myself as a future mum, at least not yet.

4. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ^This.

5. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably the fact that I hate 90% of the things people do because they're hurting themselves or others with it. And also that I'm constantly afraid of stuff and it's almost more than just anxiety. The moment I'm conscious when I wake up, I start thinking about what horrible things might happen, what if I fail an exam, what if...just all the what if-s And the few people I told this do not take me seriously.

6. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On topic: I'm developing quite radical political views but I haven't clarified everything in my brain, yet. Discussing them with most people would lead them to say that I'm crazy or too idealistic or even immoral.

7. CyanChachki

I know, right?! Like, why is it such a horrible thing to not want to have kids? I have had to hide this from everyone as well. When people hand me their babies it's like " oh cute.." but I really don't know what to do with them. I've even helped raise my sister's kids and it's a ton of work. If you enjoy it, that's great. Enojoy. But I didn't exactly like it. I had to wake up at different times of the night to rock them to sleep, I've had to change their diapers and all that stuff.. not my cup of tea.

Regardless if it's someone's cup of tea or not, there are even those out there who feel like their careers won't allow them to have children and some people just don't like the idea in general. It's not the end of the world and since having a child isn't an obligation, then people should choose freely.

8. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm mostly closeted about my religious beliefs, especially as a scientist. I'm also super closeted about some general body image issues...

9. NoaWinchester

To mostly everyone I'm closeted about my self-harm, low self-esteem, body image issues and suicidal thoughts.

10. Daydream Harp

^Same.

11. Simple Thoughts

Whoot! Wanna start a club? :3

12. timo

I'm in the closet about being somewhere on the high end of the asexual spectrum, but I don't feel like it's necessary to talk to people about this, except to Mr Future Boyfriend of course. Besides him, it's nobody's business.

13. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    See? Every. Fucking. Time.

14. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What? I said that you can't say "nobody should have children" the same way as they can't say "everyone should have children". It's a choice.

15. BelleFromHell

I'm in the closet with everything, really. I have bipolar disorder and some OCD symptoms. I don't want people to know I'm a nerd because they'll think I'm less feminine.

I actually got into Japanese history and culture long before I got into anime/manga. I don't fit in with Japanese culture enthusiasts because most of them are older than me, can speak the language much more fluently, and assume I don't know anything outside the pop culture. I don't fit in with the otaku crowd because most of them don't know anything outside the pop culture.

I don't want people to know I'm homeschooled because I see it as something to be ashamed of. Don't even get me started on the alienation.

I'm child-free. I'm agnostic. I'm a feminist. I'm politically independant. My socially conservative family isn't happy about any of that.

I'm not 100% white, but that's hard to hide. A lot of people ask me about my race and I get embarrassed. My birth-father thinks that President Obama is going to make a caucasian holocaust, so he's not too happy about me being part native American and hispanic. (although I'm still caucasian, so even if a white holocaust does happen, I'd be killed too)

Oh, and I'm in love with my best friend.

^^ THIS, too.

16. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    The extent of my emotions.

If i am upset, i probably only show 10% of what i am feeling... I appear more consistent and mentally stable this way, even though there are a ton of issues that are constantly weighing down on me, I can never fully express the depth of how much things affect me without appearing ENTIRELY too sensitive.

I take things of emotion very seriously, but I realize that some people around me are a lot more 2 dimensional in public.

17. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

The fact I kinda like to cook and the fact I have no money. And usually, unless I'm here on EC, I don't really talk about grief or whatever. No one, for instance, who's met me in the past 6 months knows (unless they're a Facebook friend and even that depends) that I lost my father and I kinda plan on keeping it that way. I don't want to be the guy with a dead parent, just makes things awkward if you bring it up and I don't like having that reminder. When I go out, I just want to forget what happened.

18. Kat 5

If only...

19. BelleFromHell

Guys, take meh with u... :tears:

20. Kat 5

I'm 3000miles away.