1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think this is homophobia?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, May 2, 2014.

?

Do you think it's homophobia?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. Lipstick Leuger

I agree with this. It's the stereotype that society deems acceptable for straight women to have, so that means that all feminine women must therefore be straight. I remember before I came out when I was a teen in the 80's, that Donahue(one of the 1st talk shows) had a show about Femmes, and how they were gay. People were so amazed that a girl that were so feminine and looked like regular girls actually had female lovers. The Femmes had to actually over and over tell people that yes, they were gay and yes they had female partners. People did not still believe it.

Kinda depressing that over a quarter of a century later, people still have this same idea and thought process.

2. RainbowVomiter

'tis not just u who said that tho

i hope some ppl learned what it means today :slight_smile:

3. BelleFromHell

Yeah, it is depressing. Homosexuality is becoming more and more accepted now, so hopefully, people will start to get it.

---------- Post added 2nd May 2014 at 07:14 PM ----------

I hope so, too.

In case anyone still doesn't know the definition of lesbophobia: Lesbophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Personally...I don't like the term, to be honest. I don't see why 'homophobia' or 'misogyny' can't cover it. And the term just sounds...derogatory in a way?

5. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I believe it isn't homophobia, it's just being stupid.

6. valerie247

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have to agree. I don't think we need a separate term. Everyone in the LGBT community faces unique challenges, but they can all fall under common terms. I feel like niche terms tend to come across as pretentious, especially to allies who might not know the terms and get "corrected".