1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does religious people hate gay people this much?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Early Puberty, May 1, 2014.

1. gmdx

Honestly, the Christians who really terrify me are the ones like my mom, which I suspect there are more of. Whenever homosexuality is brought up in my house, my mother always says: "Love the sinner; hate the sin." Even before I realized I was bi, I was an ally, so yes, I've heard it quite a bit. I learned that the only thing to do was drop the subject, pretend I didn't care and that I agreed completely with my mother. Naturally, I'm not in an environment where I feel safe to come out.

THESE are the Christians who terrify me, the "yes, we'll still love you, but we are going to make you change." News flash, mom: I know you love me. Now, ACCEPT ME.

I know this isn't what you're talking about and I'm sorry to change the subject, but I'm really upset about it tonight and I needed to rant.

2. marriedover50

Some Christians follow this logic, but many Christians accept LGBT as something created by God, and therefore, God would not condemn those who are LGBT by virtue of their orientation.

The main message of the Bible is about how we use the gift of our sexuality. Many Christians support gay marriage because of the belief that human sexuality is best expressed in a loving committed relationship.

LGBT persons do not see their given orientation as a "guilty pleasure" any more than your orientation is a guilty pleasure. Sex is a gift of God. God has blessed some to be LGBT. This is not a choice for me. I have tried to deny this all my life, unsuccessfully.

3. BobJones

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    WOW... Jesus teaches His followers to love everyone. This behaviour is not Christ-like... this behaviour is disgusting!

4. NHDave

NHDave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    His kind is stupid, uneducated, and hateful. Not very much like Christ was alleged to have been or to have preached. I also love so-called "Christians" who quote Old Testament laws as though they were relevant. True Bible scholars will tell you that Jesus ended their relevance and removed them from force. Most of the rest of the so-called prohibitions are taken out of historical context and completely misunderstood.

5. BleachedHair

BleachedHair Guest

This is why I don't go to church. I just can't handle the idiots.