1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Kitty by Avril Lavigne

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by anthonythegamer, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Yosia

Come come kitty kitty, youre so pretty pretty XD

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Come come kitty kitty, you're so silly silly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wait you mean this isn't Kesha?

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2014 at 12:24 AM ----------

He was obviously referring to 'pop culture', how the average teen girl reading the average teen magazine will know about her.
    I always liked her and even had a crush on her when I was a kid, but let's face it she's always sung pop stuff; back when pop-punk was 'in' she was a tomboy, then when everyone went through the 'emo phase' she'd sing 'nobody's home' and sad stuff like that, and then she became the average american blonde pop star (I know she's Canadian), and sing stupid lyrics and happy songs. The only she's kept is the eyeliner.

4. edgy

edgy Guest

it's in my ipod

5. RainbowVomiter

I think they just meant her popularity is bubbling up again. She's on the radar.

6. Daydream Harp

Speak for yourself, I find this video incredibly racist. It is possible to be accidentally racist after all, and it seems like to me Arvil Lavigne only knows about Japan through Moe Anime or something, which in turn leads to some pretty racist imagery IMO even if she doesn't intend them to be. The lyrics doesn't help either.

As for the song itself, my opinion and nothing more of course, I never was a fan but I am scared she managed to make something worse than Girlfriend. At least Sk8er Boi was decently catchy without being annoying, so I really wonder what happened to make her throw that out of the window and focus on being as obnoxious as possible.

7. antimacy

This music video appropriates Japan's culture. That's why it's racist. It's no better than Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Girls - the Japanese women in this video are being treated like accessories.

Like Daydream Harp said, it is possible for this to be unintentional, but it's still cultural appropriation.

8. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    The music itself isn't too bad, but those lyrics make me cringe!