1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a crazy case

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Milonov, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello guys and ladies (especially ladies, but guys can help too I guess). That's the third time I write this introduction and the second time I write this thread *I realised that it belongs to this forum and not the introductions)

My nickname is Milonov (named after my home city's crazy, homophobic and kinda homosexual politician) and I come from Russia. Which is, by the way, not the homophobic Nazi hellhole the Western media portrays. In fact, my sister and I have several openly LGBT acquiantances.

Not sure why I came here outside of making that literature thread.

It's just that, since that "gay propaganda" law that passed in my country, I kinda started to pity, respect, well... feel sympathetic towards you. Lesbians in particular I find kinda adorable. Not sexy (not only sexy), but... heartwarming. Gays, probably less so, but I still have a lot of respect towards Oscar Wilde and the likes.

You guys are an oppressed lot. How do you endure public disapproval? Ironically, I think that gays must be really manly to act the way they do without fearing persecution...

As for myself... I'm a crazy case. I really like girls, and have dated them on a few occasions (I personally prefer cuteness and intelligence to outright HAWTNESS - though hot girls can be attractive too), but sometimes I can't help but admire some of my male friends.

It's mostly jealously. I myself am tall and kinda attractive, but also has a nerdy physique. Which kinda makes me go "Stupid sexy *insert name here*" at times.

Also, I think I an currently having a really weird crush on a girl. She is very nice to me and our personalities mix very well, but she is also unattractive, which kinda splits me; not sure whether I should date her or not.

What's your diagnosis, guys?

P.S: my opinion on gays: you guys are fine, just contribute to society somehow so our civilisation won't fall from bad demographics. Gays can raise orphaned kids, lesbians can actually have them, et cetera.

And yes, I am 17. I often act younger or older than that, though.

2. Kat 5

How do you endure public disapproval?

With both fist in the air, middle fingers up. (Had to say it sorry) Others would disagree, buuuuut... Homophobes deserve it.

3. literalmerida

I think after being loud and proud, I realize that people are assholes, and I shouldn't give them the time of day. Homosexuality exists in many species, homophobia exists in one. As a gay person, when you come to terms with that, it's easier to bite your tongue and let the homophobes deal with their shit.

4. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah.

Anyway, back to the point. I like girls, but I sometimes find men attractive, if only because of jealously. Am I bi or is it normal for a teenage nerd?

#4 Milonov, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  5. thrnvlpidj

Unattractive teenagers often turn into very sexy adults.

6. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Hey! I am not shocked at all that you aren't a homophobic russian.. A few weeks ago I might have thought the whole Country was batshit crazy but I knew not every person in that Country would dissaprove of gays. That's impossible. I mean honestly one arrogant asshole president can make a whole countries decision.. selfishly as well. Maybe they did a vote on the gay thing.. But still they have no right to be so homophobic. It's nice to meet you Milonov!

In regards to your situation with the girl.. well if she is unnattractive to you physically then that can be a problem.. But give it a try if you want.. Take her out on a date. Make her feel special :slight_smile: (*hug*)

7. Querying

Ironically enough, this is pretty well the worst place to ask that. Not that we're unwilling to help you - just that for us, the question 'Am I bi/gay' was consistently answered with a YES. We're pretty much all queer here.

I don't think that means you're bi, but it could. Only time will tell.

Good luck, and kudos to you for seeing the bright side of gays!

8. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Western propaganda lies a lot, mate. That, and don't call Putin an asshole; he has flaws and may be a dictator, but his governance has been good for Russia overall.

Actually, most people I know are either not homophobic or only mildly homophobic. My parents are traditionalist and definitely would not like me or my sisters being gay, but are against homophobia; my mother actually respects gays for having bravery to come out while my father thinks that the "gay propaganda law" makes no sense (he thinks that Russia being an Eastern country is naturally more heteronormative though). My older sister has lots of lesbian friends and my younger sister... well, there was a time where she pretended her toy ponies (all female) were marrying. My aunt, as well as many other people of her age I know, does not mind gays who are this naturally but looks down at people who have gay sex because of sheer decadence.

The uneducated masses look down at gays, yes, but that's why they are uneducated masses. It's just that we have less cultured people than you do. That, and we're an Eastern culture.

#8 Milonov, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  9. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

You're saying that it's all lies that your president is homophobic? I didn't understand the first part. Well sorry for calling your president an asshole.. I just disagree with the law against homosexuals.

That's nice that you have people around you who don't mind gay people :slight_smile:

10. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I wanted to say that gays aren't nearly as mistreated in Russia as your governments think they are. Sure, they're not allowed to, for the lack of a better word, preach about their lifestyle (then again, nobody stops them from doing this on the Internet), but we do not punish gays for being, well, gay.

I have an openly lesbian friend. I remember talking to a friend of mine about the origins of the word "gay" (I want to study linguistics in university so I am well-versed in the etymology of words - the word in question for example has had a series of profound meaning changes over history), and then she said that "Gay means [From] God As You". My older sister too has several LGBT friends.

11. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Oh okay.. Awesome! I do hear of violence against gays happening in Russia sometimes though.. Not to say it happens all the time though! Thanks for educating me a bit :slight_smile: Good luck with your studying :slight_smile:

12. Agaetis Byrjun

As for your potential relationship, that actually reminds me of my first relationship too, with a boy I was not attracted to at all but had amazing conversations with, and learned a great deal from. In hindsight, I really wish that I could have been more honest with myself about that fact, and just been friends. Close friends, artistic comrades and collaborators, university buddies. I learned a great deal out of being friends with him, and he really expanded my outlook, but I regret that it ended kind of badly and abruptly and I may have caused him more pain than would have been necessary.

But this is the thing of it. Society always encourages us to look for "the beauty on the inside," and dismiss attraction or the lack of it as something frivolous. But in a way this doesn't make sense, because if you physically can't be attracted to your partner, it's just going to end badly. I'm not saying that's you, but make sure you're being honest with yourself about what you want. Don't rush into the relationship escalator just because you're a boy and she's a girl and that's what boys and girls who get along alright do. Do what feels alright to you, and trust your instincts.

13. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You guys are like Lord Henry from the Portrait of Dorian Gray, hur. Holding hedonism as a banner of a pride.

Sometimes I wonder how would the girl I like have looked like had she not been fat. Perhaps I could suggest her to work on her figure? Maybe when she loses her weight she'll look hot :3