Staying Gay in a Straight church

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayNurse95, Apr 21, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello~
    I am A devout baptist who just so happens to be lesbian. For now, I go to a church in town that I serve in. I do lights and make it look pretty friggin awesome. Like a rave.
    I move to Eau Clair for collage next fall (Class of 2014!!!!) and will go to a LGBT friendly church there. But, I will go here for now.
    Thats beside the question. The thing is is that I'm not sure how to receive the messages against homosexuality. I can't just leave before I leave to EC, also because My dad and I are super involved there. And my step mom. They aren't too happy if I miss church and I don't like missing church either. So, It is my choice to want to go to church. There are no LGBT friendy churches nearby.
    As for my current church. They are strict on it, and I'm afraid if anyone finds out I'm gay, They'll kick me off the team. What should I do?
    P.S. How can it be a sin if God made me gay? Also, no greek word for homosexual too.

2. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not a sin, why should it be one? How is being gay opposed to God?

3. Kiss Da Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay your p.s. made me a little concern and I'm going to repeat to you something a friend of mine told me a long time ago. Its not a sin to be gay because god loves all his children . And also i know we are not the same religion so I dont know if this applies in the baptist religion , but in the bible I believe they used to stone people for getting divorced . They dont do that here anymore . So why should we take everything the bible says to heart about gay people . I promise you its not a sin hun. Actually look at this website , it has a whole list of things the bible tells us not to do but we do anyways , and churches are not kicking us out.
    11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway - 11 Points

4. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't thin its a sin either anyone. God created us to be gay. Alos, there's no greek word for "Homosexual." He made us who we are.

5. Seagypsy

Hey I'm a Christian too and I am sure God loves all of us the same, He knows why He made us this way and it can't be a sin to love someone! It can be a sin if we hurt someone or use them of course, but not to love them! I think many churches are confused about what is sinful or not about relationships... they can be used by some people to hurt the other person but that is not love... loving someone of the same sex cannot be wrong x (*hug*)