1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "do I pass" thread

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Just Jess, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yea i know, but just parked my nitro, and got some looks from some people as if they werent sure lol
    not bad i think for a 52yr old

#1841 Chef, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  2. NotWhoYouThink

Imgur

Trial run for the big one [cutting my hair :O] in a few weeks. All my stupid hair is pulled back, what do you think? Do I pass as male? Or is my face simply too feminine?

3. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i would part your hair in the middle instead, not to one side. most males part in the middle !!
    other than that you pass!!!

4. MisterTinkles

I can see where you would pass for a young guy.

I do agree about the hair though. Some sort of short haircut that works with your facial structure. I would get some advice from some cosmeticians and hair stylists before you spend money on a new cut though. You want something that says "male", but then again, you want something that looks good with your facial structure.

Male clothes on females don't always work as well as they used too. So many women wear men's styles now, it's not very noticeable as a deterrent.

Shoes do help though. Wearing specifically "guy" shoes does help the image more. Maybe a bulky "guy" watch or something like that, for an accessory might help too.

Are you training yourself to speak with a little bit deeper voice? If not, you might think about that.

Aside from the very last part of this video..........the actual workouts might help you, if you decide to do something like this. Keep in mind this is only one of the many ways you can change your voice to a lower "masculine" tone....
    [YOUTUBE]GFHm6nkiC9o[/YOUTUBE]
    And practicing for a few years will only help...........no matter what program you use for this purpose. Research other methods if you are interested, not all methods will be right for you.

---------- Post added 7th Mar 2015 at 07:13 PM ----------

I say you look really good with short hair!!!!(!)

5. DoriaN

No your face is great! Hahah.

If you had a short hairstyle I think you'd pass fine, you have an androgynous quality to you which is great so sometimes little things like hair can really become a swing factor.

Looking good ^^

6. NotWhoYouThink

HELLA YEAH. Flat enough, I think. Imgur

I mean-- maybe I AM using dangerous methods, but it's worth it.

7. stormborn

dangerous methods definitely aren't worth it :/ try to get your hands on a proper binder, or sports bra, or one of the safe(r) methods out there

8. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sat beside to guys that both said hi to me and i dont think they knew i was a guy.
    i think i passed with no problem for a change

Attached Files:

9. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    looks good chef

10. NotWhoYouThink

Yep, you're looking great! I would never be able to tell that you're biologically male unless I already knew.

11. NotWhoYouThink

HAIRCUT YES OMG Imgur

What do you think?

12. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looks good!

13. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

New album, should be up by the time people are more active on here.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/49818-albums7171-picture52009.html

I've been feeling like total shit because of the strong dysphoria for my face. I feel like it's changed from the more angled, sharp look it had, to more rounded and overall more female. Kind of like how it used to be ages ago. But somehow worse.

I don't even want to post a picture without makeup, because although it should be the opposite, it just looks worse.
    I've tried an eye makeup style more frequently used by goth guys, vs the slightly more feminine visual kei style eye makeup I used to do.

Please don't tell me to cut my hair. I dislike really short hair and I know my hair isn't the problem.

Also be honest. I think this thread isn't honest enough, as I see lots of people telling non-passing people they pass fine.

#1853 NingyoBroken, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
  14. NekoAlex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  15. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

You pass really well.. Facially, you actually look like a guy I knew once... And he was about 18-19

16. DoriaN

It looks great of course, tbh I think you're very blessed.

Though for the sake of helping one to pass as best as possible, I still think it's a bit long, but that's not to say it needs to go shorter, just when it comes to adding those gender brownie points it /might/ tack on a few, but who's to say?

Personal request; next time you take a picture would you feel comfortable facing forward? Besides it giving a different angle of view, it would help to see other features.

I'll give a personal example, now I do change my expression, but both pictures imo are very different and tell different stories:

http://i.imgur.com/S10SVlZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NzWVbU7.jpg

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2015 at 12:09 PM ----------

I agree 110%.

I see some posts, and I feel like commenting, but after reading replies I decide against it. Part of it is the Bambi thing where "If you do not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all".

The problem is, I view this thread as a help thread, not a show off thread. This thread is for people to post a picture to complete strangers to get essentially a complete stranger's viewpoint.

Whenever I comment on a picture, I comment honestly, if I think you pass, you /do/ pass. I don't sugarcoat, but I believe some people forget this, they want the feel good vibes from their internet forum without the harsh reality.

I used to comment on this forum, and especially in threads like these more, but then I upset a member with my honesty, and they went into a salty rant regarding what I had said. So I went "Alright, well if people want to be lifted up to false heights to crash that is their prerogative, I don't have to reply trying to help if it's met with vitriol".

17. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are seriously cute Dorian! I wish i was as pretty as you! XD

18. DoriaN

Sup bruh, why aren't you happy? Guys jealous of you? Cheer up! Look like you're ready to settle some aggression on the football field with the boys hahah.

I'm not a good cheerleader, but I'll grab some pompoms and watch you kick ass.

19. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Looks fine to me, though it would be much better if you were using safe methods.

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2015 at 12:34 PM ----------

Looking good :slight_smile: Love your outfit :3

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2015 at 12:35 PM ----------

Looks great! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2015 at 12:37 PM ----------

[/QUOTE]
    I'll give a personal example, now I do change my expression, but both pictures imo are very different and tell different stories:

http://i.imgur.com/S10SVlZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NzWVbU7.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

Wow, you're so pretty! :3

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2015 at 12:39 PM ----------

Looks good :3 I'd say you were somewhere between 17 and 19 (Just judging from the picture)

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2015 at 12:43 PM ----------

Hand on heart, all honesty here, I think you pass. And for the record, I think your hair is awesome :3

#1859 ForNarnia, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  20. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly think you pass and you always have, really. And, I agree with ForNarnia-- your hair is awesome as hell and it fits you well.

I don't think you have a weird expression there, haha, and I do think you pass! Your face shape doesn't seem too feminine at all.

You would pass to me. I'm saying this based off of the three pictures you posted and not only on this one because, although I don't think you may pass as well in this picture, I saw your other picture and felt like you could pass for male if you had the haircut there. Don't stop smiling though! D=

Congrats on the haircut, by the way. It's always exciting to have that first haircut that you want, haha

I'm not sure how you wouldn't pass. Yes, you do pass, and you look great!

#1860 Nychthemeron, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015