1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "do I pass" thread

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Just Jess, Apr 16, 2014.

1. sguyc

2. DoriaN

Really? I was thinking early twenties, but he does look very young... Which is great! xD

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ... Hmmmkay, I was convinced that it was quite the opposite, not being on t nor having had surgery... And all that hot stuff here you know...

The one thing, though, that sticks out to me, is your eyebrows. They sort of betray the rest of you. Maybe thicken them a bit.[/QUOTE]

I used to have perfect eyebrows for a male : Thick and strong. I've spent hours trying to tame them so I'd look more female. The word "betrayal" fits just perfect, you know :icon_wink
    I tried to let them grow for a month or so, then went to one of those beauty shops. The lady meant, they won't grow back propertly, so I should "paint them a bit" (I just packed up all make up and now I have to use it?! No way... :rolle:slight_smile:

I guess I just let them grow, regardless of the result, I'm just tired of doing things I hate, and that trigger dysphoria... The only problem is at my job, they still have no clue, and I feel like I have to keep this image to avoid (more) troubles, 'cause I'm sorrounded by cis females and I stick out like a sore thumb, but I'm reaching a point where I don't care anymore.

In another world? :icon_wink Hey, I like to hear such things, but when I look at the male models, all I see is broad shoulders, perfect lips and muscles.
    I liked your pics, by the way, specially when you smile, you reminded me of a girlfriend of mine. She was a model to me :icon_wink

who loves you, baby? :icon_wink

You should have seen me when I was 16. Even at 25 I looked like 16.

It's not an option : Not out on the job yet, and not sure if I can go through it right now. Maybe on my next job, and having them from day 1, you know... Besides, even if I like the idea of shaving, I never liked much facial hair on another males, so I guess when I'm on t I'll shave it all anyways -but the sideburns, I want to have long, thin, well groomed sideburns.

Thank you, but I can't help but find this face too full of "baby fat", you know... And I didn't posted a pic of my body for a couple of reasons, well, three of them :icon_wink I predict long days at the gym...

4. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow! You look great! Very handsome! And I agree you look a lot younger than 30, like early twenties though, not sixteen! xD I don't know that there's much I could say to improve your looks further... I'd never wish facial hair on anyone xD (no really trust me it is a pain!) but you could totally pull it off if you wanted to grow a goatee or something! :3

5. Just Jess

Filming a commercial for my business today, so advice VERY MUCH appreciated. It is okay to be critical. I won't wear the jacket while filming but I'm two minds about it in general so feel free to comment on that too.

I will have my make up with me if I need to correct anything.

Close up first, four more coming

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2014 at 12:00 PM ----------

We're an LGBT friendly hackerspace, so it is cool if I don't pass completely, but I do want to look sharp and professional

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2014 at 12:01 PM ----------

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2014 at 12:01 PM ----------

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2014 at 12:02 PM ----------

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2014 at 12:03 PM ----------

Almost forgot, I am taking care of the eyebrows right now. Leaving the house to do just that. I'll be able to see any replies before I am in front of the unforgiving camera asking people for moolah.

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :thumbsup: Even eyebrows look fine in my opinion.
    Minor stuff related to style : Shirt would look way better under the skirt.

... I'm dying of envy right now.

7. Just Jess

Thanks a ton :slight_smile:

Well don't be too jealous :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We have some promises and good people, and some of my own money saved up, but we're very much a start-up and are still trying to raise the rest of our seed money. A while ago I just had a sucky time at a job and really did not like the tech culture where I live as opposed to some place like The Valley. So that's what we're about, trying to get women and us queer folk that are either trying to be professionals or are starting their own businesses - and of course allies and any one who wants to join - into successful positions so there's more places like where I'm working now and less like where I was in March.

But now I have to apologize because I'm practically laying out my pitch right here and you don't deserve to be advertised at :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Mostly just did not want you to get the wrong idea as far as us being really well established, 'cause we so are not yet. If you are interested though, I'm not gonna be so crass as to make a thread or anything but our URL is gonna be akesohackerspace.com and I'll post updates on my own wall.

8. DoriaN

Mmm, for you Jess I guess there's just a couple things that stick out to me.

I'm not a fan of the blouse sticking out under the sweater, it kind of accentuates your mid section to me. I mean you look fine but it could be more flattering imo.

With the above said, your mid section is your trouble spot to me. You aren't very shapely at the moment, I can relate since we're both transitioning. Your chest is too small and your abdomen too large. This will improve over time but tight clothes on a larger mid section might reveal too much. We don't have much to work with but see what you can come up with.

Smile! You look like me in photos, not happy with ourselves. A good smile to me seems necessary to pass, one of my girl friends told me that even the way I myself smile has changed a bit, and my brother says being happy or smiling makes myself and others look more feminine. It's hard to smile when we feel sad, but it's something to consider.

I love your hair, but you might consider bangs. Bangs tend to be more feminine, and a great hairstyle adds a lot to face shape, hair can literally be the factor between passing and not passing. A middle split is good for covering the jawline, but for some reason I feel your hair could be more flattering than it currently is. Also if you have hair going forward past your ears, imo don't tuck any hair over your ears or show your ears. See picture #3, I feel just a small touch would be hiding your ears if wearing your hair like that.

Lastly your eyebrows. I know I'm going through an eyebrow phase myself, but they're important! They can really add or take away a lot. Yours seem a little on the straight side, so if you can try plucking or adding as much shape as you can. If you need basic tips I can help or there's the googles, but maybe think about tapering the sides and adding as much of an arch as possible. Eyebrows hold a TON of emotion to a person, I mean look at this picture of me and look at how different one brow is from the other in mere expression: http://i.imgur.com/6sszsVl.jpg

Maybe more colourful clothes? I just want you to look perkier Dx

Keep it up girl!

9. Just Jess

Thank you so much both of you :slight_smile: Just did eyebrows, not sure if I will have time for a selfie. I found some shapewear for my tummy. I tried letting my hair down the ears and that does look nice.

Gonna break a leg!

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2014 at 04:26 PM ----------

Thank you so much both of you :slight_smile: Just did eyebrows, not sure if I will have time for a selfie. I found some shapewear for my tummy. I tried letting my hair down the ears and that does look nice.

Gonna break a leg!

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just posted one I took yesterday. Any tips to get things to last all day especially in the windy late fall/winter SE MI weather?

11. DoriaN

What things do you mean?

12. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Mostly my hair, but the ugly shadow as well...

13. DoriaN

Like, I don't know what you're asking.

Are you asking on passing tips, hair tips, shadow.. tips?

Like, you're pretty similar to Jess imo, so maybe consider some bangs. Easier to manage, makes the face girlier, doesn't get in the way or look as unkempt. (Not that Jess looks unkempt, I just meant similar points are applicable to you as well)

14. Raatox

15. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  16. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have no idea why you used the red face icon... How can you feel shy to show such a pic??
    You do pass, AND you are so handsome, the law should take care of your case :icon_wink .
    Perhaps I'm biased, I just find the nordic look the most attractive... You've got the best cards to deal with the ladies...

17. Raatox

(*hug*)Thank you soooo much!

18. Isa

Isa

19. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Raatox, you look quite awesome, man. You pass to me.

20. Angelus

Angelus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/55445-albums6874-picture50255.html

How do I look ? I did shave my face for first time today so it wont be babyish looking forever.

Glasses are slightly feminine but they were on sale and I needed them badly.

Wearing some Transman jewelry I got to celebrate my pride.

Got a bad haircut so waiting for it to grow out to style better ,

I hate my smile but there it is. im not binded in it ether, but I am hoping black doesn't show to much.

---------- Post added 7th Dec 2014 at 01:26 PM ----------

And a side way view...

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/55445-albums6874-picture50258.jpg