Online dating! (question)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by polaroid, Apr 15, 2014.

1. polaroid

polaroid Guest

Ha! Yeah, I guess it was cute until she replaced me with a guy.

Oh man, yeah! Tell me about it! They ask about siblings, motivation level, how many that, how many this, it's insane! Nevertheless, I hope you have a positive experience from it. :slight_smile:

haha okay! I'll hold you to it!:icon_bigg

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find one of the more annoying difficulties is who to search for. I mean I'm painfully aware that since I'm trans the chances are really quite slim if I search for 'straight' males or 'gay' females' (there will be some but most won't go for it) and a lot of sites don't seem to have a 'bisexual' option...and the ones that do seem to be more filled with people who want poly relationships or something...

3. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well lemme try the search thingy and I'll let you know if it's any better for lesbians.

OK, so some of the results aren't so bad, but will I be their cuppa, now that's the question!

#23 An0n, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  4. polaroid

polaroid Guest

Update

Chatting with the person I mentioned before is going nowhere. I believe I'm more interested in her than her to me. It's not a good sign for me and I actually find it quite tiring... Perhaps I'm not patient enough with this bullcrap, I don't know. Oh well. Good luck to your online dating, Ellia and An0n.

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't lose heart though...just think about it this way.

If you were doing the same thing in public you probably wouldn't approach nearly as many people.

Let's say online you approach 10 people and only 1 bothers to talk to you, that's 9 'failures'.

In the same time frame you might see 10 people you like but only approach one. That's STILL 9 failures, they are just less obvious because you didn't do anything.

Try not to let the ones that don't go right online get you down :slight_smile:

6. polaroid

polaroid Guest

Thanks Ellia, that's certainly a positive way of thinking about it.
    I think this exercise have only highlighted things I need to work on about myself more than anything else. I didn't expect much but it's hard not to think about the time/effort wasted. It's alright though. Online dating sites are just not for me.

7. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been signed up for just over 48 hours - 100 visitors, msgs exchanged (meaning both she and I msged back and forth) = 4, 2 of which approached me, and two whom I approached. Hit it off well with one of those women but we'll see how it goes. Only been talking to her a few hours now.
    So far 8 people "like" me.

Maybe it's the website you're using?

8. polaroid

polaroid Guest

Maybe. Or perhaps it's my profile. Or how I look.
    It looks like it's going well for you. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

9. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. I had 123 visitors in what, less than a week. I have closed it though. The woman that I clicked with (who was actually the first to respond to a msg from me), well we really hit it off. We're not an item as we've both been hurt in the past and want to be careful but we only started talking a few days ago and already we're sleep deprived from long conversations on the phone.

As a person she is amazing and we have the same principles so we are dating exclusively. It's yet another long distance for me but you can't help who you like.

(And I did get more msgs and replies from other women so I could look into those further, especially as like, 4/5 of them live in london which is way more convenient, but I don't believe in inconvenience in love. Not that I'm in love with this woman, I'm very much in like with her. So, account deleted as I have found someone I really like and the feeling is mutual. I think we both see potential for a relationship.

I hope this inspires you guys!

10. polaroid

polaroid Guest

Hey that was quick! I'm glad it worked well for you. Now, can I borrow your profile? :lol: