What do you drink?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Caleb2001

Mountain Dew
    Spring Water
    Sweet Tea
    Milk

2. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In order of consumption...
    -Water. H2O. Dihydrogen monoxide.
    -Juice (Incidentally, I favor guava juice and orange juice.)
    -Powerade and Gatorade
    -Tea and Coffee (Sweetening my tea is dangerous business. I don't like coffee that is too sweet, either, but, TBH, I only drink my coffee black because too much sugar is unhealthy.)
    -Soda
    -I tried a sip of wine once. It was disgusting. I tried a sip of beer once, too. It wasn't much better.

#62 An Gentleman, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  3. Thedistra

Water
    Milk
    The occasional pop. (like one a month)

Since I moved it has been difficult to drink water mainly. I despise city water. I only liked the well water from a specific tap at my old place.

4. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

Water
    Smoothies
    Sweet tea
    Red Gatorade
    Those are the only things I can handle! Juices and sodas and milk and everything tastes terrible to me!

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Water: I drink a LOT of water. I drink multiple litres of water a day. I think it's part of the reason why I'm so skinny despite shoveling in Twinkies, Oreos, and Hostess cupcakes every night. :lol:

I once drank so much water just during the ordinary course of the day that I had to go to the hospital for water intoxication, I had hyponatremia (low sodium levels) and hypokalimia (low potassium levels). So water can be very healthy for you, but even water can be dangerous if you drink too much!

At restaurants I'll often order to drink sparkling water (San Pellegrino, Perrier, and the like), or a club soda/seltzer water.

Coffee: I became a coffee drinker after spending some time in European countries where they take coffee seriously (Rome, Italy and Vienna, Austria). At home I drink mostly espressos served long (basically like a stronger americano), sometimes cappuccinos in the morning, if I'm at Starbucks or a coffee shop I'll get a latte, or sometimes one of those uber-sweet Frappuccinos or other sweet coffee concoctions. At work I drink just pots of black coffee or sometimes just a cup of instant coffee if I don't want to make a pot. After dinner at a restaurant I'll often order a double espresso.

Tea: Before going to Europe and becoming a coffee addict, I used to be exclusively a tea drinker, and was/am quite a tea connoisseur. I still have about 30 different varieties of loose leaf tea: black, green, white, oolong, as well as some tisanes like rooibos. I even have an electric tea maker- like a coffee maker, except with a basket for putting looseleaf tea in to make a pot of tea rather than a filter basket for coffee.

Juice: I drink mainly grapefruit juice, sometimes orange juice, rarely cranberry or apple juice.

Alcohol: I love craft beers, along with the occasional glass of wine. Nice dark stouts are my favorite kind of beer, but I like all beers (except for mass-produced American piss like Budweiser and Miller Lite). My parents are big into wine, so I'll sometimes have a glass of win with dinner with them. And I do also love liquor, I like my Martinis and Cosmos, I love Appletinis. I also have a weakness for whisky, I like Scotch, bourbon, Tennessee Whisky (Jack Daniels); I drink my whisky served neat, nothing added, not even an ice cube. Bourbon is my favorite liquor to drink straight-up. :beer:

I do NOT drink soda (pop, as some strange foreign people like to call it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Rarely I will have a cream soda or root beer if it comes in a glass bottle from a craft soda brewery, but otherwise, I would never order a Coke just sitting down to have dinner at a restaurant, nor do I drink soda at home. Sometimes I will have a ginger ale just to calm my stomach down if I'm feeling queasy, but otherwise, I really don't see the appeal of soda, it's unhealthy and really isn't worth it. I don't understand people who regularly down can after can of Coca-Cola.

6. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love peach juice. Seriously, peaches are my weakness. Sooo good.

I love water, juice, occasionally soda, smoothies, root beer floats :]
    A lot of stuff, really. I hate coffee though. I guess I really can use that Ellen quote:

I like my men like I like my coffee. I don't drink coffee.

OH! I also love that very berry hibiscus tea from Starbucks. Flower teas are great.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Tea snob/language nerd moment....a "tea" is not a tea unless it contains the actual tea plant (camellia sinensis). All other herbal brewed beverages are properly referred to as tisanes. :icon_wink

Starbucks "Very Berry Hibiscus" beverage is actually caffeinated because it contains green coffee extract. So not a tea at all.

8. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really?? I didn't know that. That's cool. Thanks! Wait, so rose hip tea?? Not actually tea?? Or what?

I love funfacts :slight_smile: And actual tea. I swear I do drink actual tea lol:icon_bigg
    Night!

9. Straw_berry

Let's see I mainly drink, Tea, Milk, Soy Milk, Water, and Hot Chocolate Nyu~

10. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mostly Just Water, sometimes I have a smoothie/ glass of juice, but very rarely…

11. Arikara

Water! People need to drink more of it. XD and teas <3

12. Beware Of You

I don't drink alcohol anymore so just coke, Irn Bru, Mountain Dew, Tea, Smoothies and Chocolate Milk