1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahhhhhhhuuuuugh he freaking groped me again !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Mar 27, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's I'm so glad now I will be grope free hope he learns his lesson

2. Simple Thoughts

Yeah I don't blame you. It just sounds like it would be uncomfortable =/

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It is .

4. Simple Thoughts

Well at least he's stopped =3

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah i'll update you guys

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I am happy for you Stocking, you deserve to be happy ^^

7. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tell him not to touch you under any condition.
    Any kind of unwanted touch is molestation.
    If he admits touching you bu says "It was not intended to be negative" it IS molestation in many states.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks Claudette :slight_smile:

I'll definitely do something about it if it happens again

9. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    People should pay attention to body language and facial gestures, usually it gets quite obvious when someone doesnt want to be touched in whatever way they are being touched. And in your case you actually told him with words, that should have made it obvious enought.

Also people should understand that different people have different levels of touch-acceptance, some are caribean-like and dont mind receiving a hug from someone theybarely know, others are more-chinese like and hug a smaller number of people. ( im not saying all caribean people are the same, neither all chinese, im just talking about general recurrent cultural phenomenon... I know many reserved and introverted caribeans)

Just like the other day, i was hanging out with a female friend of mine, and i hugged her, she then told me that she is not too affective and that that is the reason why when she stumble with friends she just bump-fist them. After that, and a few seconds of awkardness, things returned to normal and we kept talking and joking around. Summing up: i hugged her, she told me she doesnt like it, i stopped, everything fine, everyone happy.

So it is ok that some times you dont know what is a bit to much for others, but its NOT ok to keep doing something after you have been told not to, and is always a good idea to proceed slowly testing waters, and its definely NOT ok to try to touch someone boobs when that person already dislikes you hugging them or touching their waist.

Im glad your coworker stopped :slight_smile: i hope he doesnt return to his bad behaviour.

P.s if your boss doesnt give a damn about your coworker sexually harrasing you, i guess he should not give a damn about you punching your coworker in the face.

Another suggestion that is more pacific: write a letter to your coworker , explaining him what you think about his behaviour, including retelling him everything you have told him in words before, sometimes people understand and accept better things they read.

10. Bear101

Have you spoken to someone in HR about this? Most of the time, they are the ones responsible for dealing with sexual harassment issues. If nothing else, it would get your complaints documented.