1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out advice...confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lovatic4Ever, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Lovatic4Ever

So I know I like girls and I want to tell my best friend but I'm scared. She is totally pro gays/lesbians etc. but I am still scared she will judge me. We have been friends since kindergarten, 11 years ago. The other day we were talking and I mentioned "I wonder what it would be like to be with another girl" and she said "you have never even been with a guy so maybe you should think about that" and then she laughed. I'm so terrified she will say "you have never even had a boyfriend so how do you know?". Any advice anyone. I really want to tell her. I hate having it bottled up inside. Oh, only one person knows and they live in Florida and we like each other... A lot. Please help, thanks. :confused: :help:

2. Waffles

Hey girl, welcome to EC! -hugs-

So I completely know what this situation feels like. It's almost as if our friends we have known for a long time have this constructed image of who we are, and the major detail in this case is sexuality. Despite her being an ally, you feel as if telling her might change the way she thinks of you. Well, the good news is that chances are she's still gonna see the same person in you she saw prior to you coming out. So really, don't worry yourself about how she's going to react; if anything, the only thing that will do is cause you unneeded stress.

When/If you come out to her, just be genuine and honest. If she makes a comment similar to the one she made before, just explain to her that you've just never found anything about any guy that attracted your attention, whereas with girls you are attracted to multiple parts of them. If you two are good friends, then I highly doubt she'll think of you any differently and you two will still be very close friends~

Best of luck and stay strong~!

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agree with all of this. If you manage to tell your best friend, let us know how it goes.