1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you left this forum tomorrow, do you think a single person would miss you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AudreyB, Mar 24, 2014.

1. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I had to ask a staff member about that..I just have my wall disabled.. I was told how to enable it, I don't know if I will enable it or not though.......

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2014 at 07:12 PM ----------

I change my answer, I know that people would miss me...... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I think I started a huge sob story on this thread so I'm sorry

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think for those who I've talked to regularly, they would miss me, but then even they might leave eventually. It's hard for people to stay on a forum for a long time.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. Nick07

Right now, I miss two people. One is banned and the other one is busy. We didn't talk regularly, but their posts were always thoughtful and caring and they were great contribution to the forum.

5. AshleeLC

Out Status:
    All but family
    Lmao how would we know

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And I'm sorry that no one has. I used to read more of the topics and threads and didn't see it, or I would have commented/replied. The reason is because I know the pain that one can feel, and also the pain that others feel when a person they care about is in pain.

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2014 at 11:10 PM ----------

That's what I was thinking, but I think it's wishful thinking, for the most part.

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2014 at 11:11 PM ----------

Exactly. We're talking about a handful of PM type friends, at best. Also, when people do leave forums, they sort of taper off in their posts and, unless a person is sort of on the "lookout" for them, their absence would go unnoticed.

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you've been a member a long time and you post/chat frequently, you will be missed.

I used to be an active member of a couple of MSN groups a few years ago (they no longer exist) and I remember how other active members would be missed. I can remember many of the usernames and real names from those groups.

If you post frequently and suddenly drop of the radar someone will certainly miss you.

8. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think there are one or two people who'd miss me

9. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I'm going to be blunt back and say that, at least in my case, I see little evidence of my virtual self really "mattering" to anyone. I recently (as in, a few months ago) stopped posting at another forum I've belonged to for a dozen years where I have several thousand posts. I'm actually considered an "old-timer" there. I still lurk there and I have yet to encounter a single mention of my username or anything that I ever posted. Therefore, it seems I never "mattered" there and I fail to see why it should be any different here, where I've posted a lot less. Some of us are just cursed with invisibility and insignificance.

How do you "get to know people" at a forum like this (especially with offsite contact a no-no)? I reply to so many posts and make posts of my own and am largely ignored. I can probably count on one hand the number of people here who have even acknowledged that I am someone besides Random Anonymous Internet Poster™. I can only guess something in my personality is lacking and I don't know what to do about that. I am who I am. :shrug:

10. Beware Of You

I would probably go unnoticed. I post but I don't do much that is memorable if I am honest

11. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Not particularly. The Conservatives hate me because I'm so damn Liberal, and the Liberals hate me because I don't believe that the government and it's foreign policy is openly malicious moreso than it is just stupid and shortsighted, that soldiers are murderers, or that cops are usually corrupt. The fights I had with my fellow Liberals are why I don't post as much any more.

#71 Necromancer, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
  12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I try to make people see the goodness in them they don't recognize. People matter. Online interactions can be just as real or impactful as a face to face. Hell most of us know what we look like, especially since that make your avatar you episode.

No I'd say this is as real of a community as any. There is a living breathing person on the other end of each post.

13. Emulator

No.

I miss some of the people who left some time ago...and have never come back.

14. Ben

Ben

Nah, I mostly don't know the new crowd, which is fine.

I made some meaningful connections here that have stood the test of time, though.

15. Emulator

I notice your posts. :slight_smile:

To be honest, that's exactly how I feel most of the time, not just on EC, but other places. So I am surprised when someone quotes or replies to what I said.

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well maelstrom I know we have had discussions about beers and I remembered your avatar with the pale blue eyes. That freaked me out to be honest... i like you better.

Emulator someone asked about genderfluid turning solid and I mentioned your name because I saw your gender status and remembered you might be good at explaining it. I've also been squaring off against you in the bvg thread.

People think they aren't noticed when they are...

17. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Whereas some people just aren't noticed.

18. White Knight

Of course everyone will be ruined. I expect no less than 40 days and 40 nights of mourning period.

They will give TV and newspaper ads to call me back. Not very fond of boasting but also expecting couple of monuments erected in several cities in my name.

You love me... you really love me! (Does his best Sally Field impression)

19. June Cleaver

Yes two lovely women did because I disappeared last November 1, 2013. I am still not active on EC as I was at one time. About 1:00AM my loving husband started abusing me and completely shattered my soul until I finely told him as he fixed his own dinner while I was cooking our dinner that we needed to go our separate ways. He jumped at my offer saying I didn't meet his needs anymore and I am too much of a lady to repeat the rest because he was quite vulgar! That night I realized he was pushing me to break it off because he could not hurt me and he promised five years earlier when he made the decision he could deal with my body as is that he would never tell me he no longer loved me and send me to my final end using what I provided him. I have moderate dementia which I have never talked about here before. I figured if I got bad enough I would rather not be a mindless person in a nursing home and have the home take my assets I want him to have. I wanted to die happy only knowing he loves me. He is long gone now and miserable is what I keep being told wanting to come home. I guess the 25yo is not as attentive to his needs. So thats why I have been gone from EC simplified. Two members contacted me worried. So my answer is 2 missed me! June

20. XTC1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay