1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Fred Phelps Dead at 84

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DMark69, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it kind of funny that almost every article I see on this is written as though the author wanted to write his obituary and took that opportunity to do so. Never have I seen journalism be so neutral.

2. wolfxinxchains

I'm glad he's dead bc the heart break will most likely go down, however, I'm not celebrating. I don't have any respect for him and what he did, but his family does deserve peace. I'm going to stay nuetral but I understand why some are celebrating and why some are nuetral or even don't care. however, my side is leaning more towards "nuetralish yet very glad he's dead" side. I don't believe in an afterlife, but I hope his soul goes to hell.

3. ouji

ouji Guest

Probably either Shirley or Steve Drain.

4. Foxface

I agree that this individual was extremely bad and hateful and I can understand how folks might feel but may I throw out a question?

What purpose would it serve for LGBT communities to picket his funeral? What gains could we possibly make in this case? It would just serve to make us no better than this idiot even though we clearly ARE better than his hateful heart. I just see WBC making this a amrtyr situatiton and taking our cause a notch down

again, I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion how to handle his death, I just don't see any gain whatsoever in going on the offensive

5. Mr.Pushover

I don't celebrate the death of anyone, so I won't celebrate his. However, I hope everyone understands why people would be content with his passing after the pain he's put many people through.

Hopefully his sons and daughters don't continue it like him (though I'm sure they will)

6. newfish

This compares him too much to a likable character.

7. Allecto

[​IMG]

Alone, excommunicated by his family, universally hated, and not even getting a proper funeral. I can't think of a better way for this old fart to die.

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

The saddest thing about this I think is the fact that old Fred was excommunicated from his own church (supposedly for proposing that church members treat each other more kindly! :eek:slight_smile:, Fred Phelps wasn't in charge of WBC, it wasn't just a Fred Phelps personality cult, instead the WBC was already beyond him, being run by some mysterious 'elders' who were above Fred, even though he founded the WBC...which means the show will go on with the WBC even without Fred, Fred was too kind for the people currently running the church (even though they're all reportedly related to Phelps), the Westboro klan is probably going to get worse.

Fred Phelps spawned a monster even he couldn't control. Universally despised and considered a nasty hatemonger- even by mainstream anti-gay Evangelical Christians, excommunicated even from his own church/family, I wonder what his last thoughts and words were before he died. "God Hates Fags!" ?

Unfortunately the WBC pickets and "God Hates Fags" campaign will continue with Shirley and the rest of the klan. They'll keep spawning out new little inbred children to indoctrinate and get them all their law degrees so they can sue and sue and sue to keep their hate campaign going.

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is Shirley that nasty looking woman with the grey hair? She kinda reminds me of Norman Bates' mother, on steroids.

Anyway, I'm glad the old geezer croaked, and I can't wait till the rest of the family also kicks the bucket.

10. Abbra

Eh. Just like any other bigot, homosexual, atheist, nun, or human; he died.

I'm not happy about his death because I never cared about him in the first place. He was just as empty and meaningless as my feelings towards the Westboro Baptist Church.