1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Fred Phelps Dead at 84

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DMark69, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guys, can we please stop with the high road stuff?

Fred was a gender fascist. He wanted us executed. He believed that the state allowing us to survive was something that irrevocably doomed the nation. In other words, he believed in a total negation of our human rights as a dire threat to national security itself.

I think it's wholly inappropriate that we are now being asked to avoid commenting on him or the congregation negatively...

Anyway, time to go use that dildo. Mmmmmm.

2. Brohg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
    Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
    Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
    Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go,
    Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
    Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
    Let them know
    The Wicked Witch is dead!

I agree with this totally. Infact anyone who watches the amazing atheist channel will take a leaf from TJ. Phelps was a terrible man, he brought grief to mothers and fathers and familes of loved ones. He and his inbred kin do not deserve the peace of getting to pay this piece of human garbage to rest.
    Breaking the fucking moral code just this once people.

#42 Brohg, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  3. Camrok

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just learned some stuff about this guy and my god, words can not begin to describe the feels.

4. Zeta Male

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    VICTORY DANCE!
    [​IMG]

This is a man who who PICKETED THE FUNERALS OF MURDERED CHILDREN, thought gays should be executed, and may well have indirectly caused dozens of teens to commit suicide.
    GOOD. FUCKING. RIDDANCE.

5. Music Soul

I just wish he could have realized the impact of his actions before he died...like finally seeing how hurtful and hateful he was and making a final statement about it...but no, he died hateful and the WBC will make him into a martyr.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (shrug) I'm not bothered. He could have been one of the biggest advocates for marriage equality and LGBTQ+ rights, but he pissed that away and decided to live a life of hate and damning other people.

I have nothing else to say except good riddance.

7. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not happy that he passed nor am I sad. Simply, I'm unmoved by his passing. I wouldn't say good riddance. Even though he was the head of a terrible church, he did show us the dangers of fundamentalism, that counts for something, right?

8. Littlehawk98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I've never wished a man dead, but I've read some obituaries with great pleasure" -Clarence Darrow

9. Minamimoto_Fan

I could care less. He wouldn't care if any of us died, he'll, he'd celebrate it. I understand that people are/and have been hurt by him, but celebrating his death makes you no better than he is.

By celebrating it, or doing anything he did when others die, you give validity to the things he said, about the "evils" of homosexuals.

What he and his family has done is sick and wrong, but unfortunately they are not going to stop. All people do in saying good riddance only gives them cannon fodder to blow back into our faces. Be better than thy are, don't let them stain your character, if you let them do that, you're only letting them win. Silence their words of hate with love and tolerance, let them be their own undoing.

10. mpac21

Well all I have to say here is "Flush that turd down the drain!"

11. tscott

In the grand scheme of history the man was at best a gnat...annoying, hateful, beneath contempt. The man was wrong headed and ignorant. Straight or gay most saw him for what he was - a hate mongerer.

I cannot say I mourn the man, but his family deserves what he did not give others, a dignified funeral and a time to heal. We need to show others that we are not willing to wallow in the muck as did he. We should be above acknowledging his death in anyway, to spill one drop of vitriol isn't worth our effort. Let his family bury him in peace. He'll soon be forgotten like tares separated from the wheat.

12. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I appreciate the intense dislike and even hate of Phelps. I certainly have huge dislike of his campaign of hate towards us. But...I will try to take the high road. I don't want to drag myself to his level, thank you very much.

13. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    a lot of people seem to care about him in a sense, with a history of hate behind him that is.

as for me, at first i started celebrating(no i did not go to the bar and cheered), but then i realize that it would be no different to what they were standing for in the first place. so i really could care less if a person like him would disappear off the face of earth, but i have to consider some things. he was a figure of hate, an example that many people have realized their error of ways. he contributed a lot more in ways that people may not think. he may have showed just how far a religion can test it's limits, or even showed where the moral standards should cross their lines. so i won't ignore him and forget that he ever exists, because if it weren't for him, it would make "gay rights" (i use the term loosely) not seem possible. his actions were pretty stupid of course, not that it's really much to forgive by the people that were harassed by them(WBC), but for me, every life serve a purpose or a lesson. how this all turns out, it's not for me to decide. i'll let history and fate decide on that.

14. Sorceress of Az

Omg,
    we must think alike I was humming that too.. lol

15. ouji

ouji Guest

16. Takine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    and nothing of value was lost

17. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe now he will find out that God really doesn't "hate fags"

18. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Alot of people die everyday, this isn't significant to me

19. Ravi-VIXX777

Hooray? I don't wish death for anyone, but he deserves punishment/justice to be done in whatever afterlife you guys believe. I wonder who will take over, maybe his daughter Shirley that never washes her hair.

20. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's entirely possible the whole thing could fall apart. WBC was Fred Phelps and when an organisation is built solely around the politics and vision of just one person it's always going to run into major problems when that person dies.