LGBT News Fred Phelps is on his death bed

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by GeeLee, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Ravi-VIXX777

Yes and he works as a stripper at night :roflmao:

2. Nicholas1991

I just think its kind of sad really. From what i can understand, it sounds like he was kind of a pioneer with civils rights in the south, and he just became a hateful, bitter, twisted person. What a waste.

3. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can't be happy for the death of another human being, but I hope that he gets what he deserves, wherever he goes.

4. Uranian

Uranian Guest

Yeah, that really spun me out too.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but personally, I'd tip it over and dump him in face-down. The sooner he is a pile of bones, the better.

6. Uranian

Uranian Guest

Imagine he totally renounced all his anti-gay bull shit and the rest of his clan just couldn't deal. Or even better, he came out of the closet to his wife and family ha ha ha. That would be the best ever.

The sad thing was how his ideology infected his grandchildren. I recently watched the two docos Louis Theroux made about Westboro and the heartbreaking thing was that almost all the grandchildren seemed like really beautiful people who were unfortunately indoctrinated by this nutter.

7. Sorceress of Az

Since he was all for picketing Funerals of veterans, we should all just get together after he dies and picket his funeral.

Satan will have his hands full with Fred.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope an explanation for his ex-communication comes into play soon. I find it odd that it became a sudden thing. If he renounced his bigotry, I don't think I can forgive him (though forgiveness comes from the strong) no matter how much he's "changed". The damage has been done and nothing he can say or do now can erase the years he spent spreading hate or the scars he's created for hurting families.

9. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay I know people won't agree with me but part of me likes that WBC exists. Don't get me wrong I hate the cult I mean "church", and how they spread hate and how they make real Christians look bad. However, it a way it's a good thing because the bigots that grew up being anti-gay or just don't like gay people, see how pathetic being anti-gay is. If you were to show a homophobe WBC, they'd say that's crazy and see why Homophobia is wrong and is hurtful. If you look at all the retention that the WBC has gotten, people look at them like they're crazy which makes the WBC's side look pathetic thus bringing down homophobia a little bit.

10. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If anything they showed what hatred actually looks like, rather than the media friendly style espoused by Lively and co.

11. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Somehow, whenever I think of this, all I'm being reminded of is this:
    [YOUTUBE]pa-zBpB9Gf4[/YOUTUBE]

12. Beware Of You

Really you didn't know that most of them are lawyers?

Its how they can do it and get away with it

13. Sitri

Yeah, but, civil rights. That means anti discriminatory to minorities, the handicapped. Etc. Apparently not gays though.

14. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I did know most of them were lawyers of some sort via the Louis Theroux docus (and good ones too by the looks of it) and I had read that previously that Phelps was a civil rights guy back in the day. I just didn't realise it was actually true.

15. Foxface

Why? So we can be no better than him? I am not telling anyone how to feel or react. This man attempted to set back LGBT equality with his church so I don't for one second doubt that people loathe him and I wouldn't dare tell people NOT to loathe him. But think for a second what that would do for you personally and LGBT equality as a whole.

We picket his funeral and at best it gives us a personal warm fuzzy for a short while until one day we realize we acted no better than he did. If you want a broader spectrum answer, then consider this.

We picket his funeral and now WBC gets to be a martyr even more than they already are

How about the biggest spectrum answer? Why can't we choose to be better than he was as a community? Why can't we take a moment as a community (LGBT) and show that we aren't looking for moral superiority, rather just equality? Why not take this chance to be above the slander and nastiness that WBC espouses every day?

But again...I am not here to tell anyone what to do. I am just throwing out my theory and it's at least what I will be doing

I don't hate him...I feel sorry for him

16. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I tempted to go along with protesting his funeral. Because I think he would appreciate the irony of it and maybe, just maybe his family would understand what they've been doing to other families down the years and would stop doing it as a result.

Then again I think it would more harm than good. A lot of people on the right that turned a blind eye to WBC's anti gay rhetoric would suddenly kick up a stink about the community using their rights to protest Phelps' impending funeral. Hell we'd probably get a few people from the centre and left tut tutting and wagging their finger about a protest.

17. IcelandLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Such a sad life. Hating everyone.

18. Beetle

Can't say I'm sad for any hateful bigot in this world that passes on. Sadly his crazy daughter will likely run the show...but she's already been doing that for a while.
    I did always find it strange that he fought for civil rights in the 60s but is so hateful towards another group of people for what they were born with.
    In a documentary I watched he said it was because the "Bible is against homosexuality but doesn't say anything about black people."

19. theskywreck

Good riddance. The world will be a little better when he finally dies.

20. blueberrymuffin

and nothing of value was lost