what are your "OCD" tendencies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nicholas1991, Mar 16, 2014.

1. justjade

I actually do that because I don't want to catch a trash can on fire or something.

I have to make absolutely certain that I push the unlock button in my car when I'm letting it heat up while I'm scraping the ice/snow off. I'm really paranoid about locking my keys in my car.

2. theskywreck

My two hands and two feet must always do a given thing the same number of times. If I scratch my head with my left hand, I must repeat the action with the right, but on the opposite side. If my right foot touches a coloured tile, my left must touch it too. This is particularly annoying when I miss a step and fret over it until I turn around and step there again.

I am also extremely obsessed with symmetry. I get uncomfortable when around amputees (I can't help it) or arrangements of things that aren't symmetrical. It is a huge distraction in the classroom when one of the books at the front of the class is askew, or when somebody's hoodie strings are different lengths. In fact, sometimes asymmetry can be so unnerving to me that I will not be able to focus on whatever I am doing at all.

The last of my OCD tendencies is my 'routines'. I have an extremely precise routine that I follow every morning down to the precise minute (my alarm is set to 6:28, I get up at 6:32, get in the shower at 6:35, get out of the shower at 6:44, eat breakfast at 6:57, etc.) and I get very upset if I miss one of these times or do something a minute early. When I go to bed, I do a very particular set of 'tasks' that include looking at the stars, turning on the light in my bedroom and checking the temperature. I will do it more than once if I mess it up.

All these OCD tendencies really bother me, and I would do anything to get rid of them. They get in the way of my normal life.

...is it possible that I really do have OCD?

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just one: I absolutely HATE when people take food out of the microwave before the time expires and they don't clear the time off. It drives me crazy!!!!

4. Khan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I need to order the pile of dishes in a certain way and wash them in a certain order, or I get all crazy about it.

Usually, I just have a certain pattern of doing things.

I agree with the smoking part, I really need to put my cigarette out completely and I always make sure I do.

5. When I sprinkle things on cupcakes or cakes and there are gaps in which I missed.

When I find a thread sticking out from my clothes

Crooked lines when I write the letters "L" "I" "V" and "Z."

6. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can't have cornflakes with milk. I don't mind the taste but I just can't eat the like that. I eat the cornflakes then drink the milk separately. I also feel a compulsion not to step on the lines whenever I'm on a tiled floor or paved street.

I'm quite sure this doesn't count as OCD though.

7. BB69

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm obsessed with breathing "bad air", if being in an elevator with more than four people, I must get off at any floor and wait one more empty

8. Sorceress of Az

I must keep my station at work organized and clean, drives me crazy if it's not.

I always have to text a person and ask them if I can enter their house before I do even if they knew I was coming over.

I have to watch Anime before bed or I can't get relaxed enough to sleep. lol

I have to tip 10% if the sever performed a fair job, and 20% if they did a wonderful job.

If some thing is on my mind or if I am interested in some thing, I will spend hours Googling it, reading about it or what ever.

My primary hobby is posting on Internet forums, I must post on at least one a day, some times I will check like 20 different sites but only post on the ones that peak my interest.

9. IsThisAName

I'm pretty OCD about my handwriting and my notes in class. Even though no one is going to see them besides me, I want them to look pretty--if I write messy and it looks bad then I hate it, even though it doesn't matter!

10. Nicholas1991

Me too, i always have to use certain pens and paper. If it looks too messy, i have to rewrite it all otherwise i lose motivation.

11. Higs

When I smoke, the mark of the cig that's near the filter always has to be up top or I can't even enjoy the cig.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hesitate calling anything OCD that isn't actually OCD, but when I was younger, if I touched one corner, I'd be compelled to touch all other corners with the same finger (and sometimes the corresponding one on the other hand), and even today I have trouble doing something unevenly without a lot of frustration. I used to literally cry when I couldn't do something perfectly evenly.

Now, I just have moments of frustration when something isn't neat. When I'm tired or upset, I can reach levels of near-panic at the idea of something being really disorderly.

13. Tongue Flicker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not oc but i hate uneven loose change :grin: