1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old were u when u found out Santa wasn't real

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Mar 13, 2014.

1. luckrunningout7

Like, nine. I shouted out i didnt believe and got scolded 4 almost ruining it 4 my cousins

2. ohnobro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was maybe 11, my Dad told me in the car, and to me at the time, there was hell to pay.

Now I just laugh about it.

I found out again a year later when my teacher said it in class. One of my friends just fell out of his chair in shock. I guess we were both a little late to the non-believers-in-Santa-Claus party.

3. ThePhoenix

I would say from 10-12 those years just seem to blend and my mom just flat out told me and honestly I should have figured it out by then or atleast connected the dots.

4. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not sure, 10 or 11 I think. I do remember it was really weird because it wasn't during the Christmas season when I found out. Though, I still believe in the ideal of Santa, don't really care how cheesy that sounds. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. binda94

6/7 my mam left the receipt in the bottom of my bag then tried telling me Santa shopped at Smyths

6. Ginger Hobbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was 4 and my brother had just turned 6. My brother and I both think very logically and we couldn't understand how Santa could get to ALL the houses in just one night. He'd have to go way faster than anyone could go. And reindeer flying? Come on. We asked my mother in the car one day and she told us the truth, but reminded us not to tell our friends at school because that would be mean and we didn't want to ruin the magic for them.

She also told us how Santa was based on the real Saint Nicholas, who would leave gifts for children in the towns he visited. We pretended to believe for a year or two for my dad's sake. He thought we were too young not to believe anymore.

7. BadWolf5

I never really believed but my sister did so i had
    to go along with it

8. justjade

I was actually not raised to believe in Santa Clause. I didn't even know about Santa until I was probably 8 or 9.

9. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I was five, my mom always told me he wasn't real.

10. itsonlyrelative

8-9

My parents would give us our Christmas presents by wrapping them in wrapping paper and have Santa give us our presents by displaying them under the tree. One day, about a week before Christmas, I was cleaning my basement for my chores and I opened a closet to put some stuff inside of it. When I opened the closet I saw some toys in there that were clearly meant to be part of my sister's Christmas gifts, so I just closed the closet and thought nothing of it. Then Christmas came around and we all ran down the stairs and instead of seeing the gifts from the closet wrapped up, they were displayed as if from Santa.

I didn't make a big scene in front of all my other siblings because I didn't want to ruin it for my other siblings, but later that evening I accused my parents of treachery in a very dramatic fashion, at which point they bought my silence to maintain the wonder for my younger siblings.

11. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I HAVE to believe in Santa Claus. Just put in a pre-order for $100 worth of Christmas cookies. :frowning2:

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2014 at 09:12 PM ----------

I think I love your nine year-old self. :grin:

12. Techno Kid

Around like 12 or 13 I asked my parents if Santa was real and they told me... : 3

13. newfish

I don't know. I just kind of thought about it for a few years and probably intentionally lied to myself a bit. I did the same thing with fairies. We used to build fairy houses, and I definitely figured out after a bit that no fairies were coming.

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2014 at 11:30 PM ----------

I just saw this title again and thought it said Satan. I got really freaked out for a moment.

14. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know...What?!?!? :tears:

15. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No idea, but it was maybe mid elementary school. I think the thing that got me questioning was seeing "Made in the USA" on something that Santa brought. I asked my mother if the North Pole was in the USA...

However, "Santa" did still keep coming, at least as far as filling a stocking was concerned.

I can't remember for sure, but it seems to me that at least one of the last Christmases I had with my late mother I slipped something from "Santa" to her under the tree.

16. leer

I have a 6 year old nephew who is convinced santa works for amazon :wink:

17. Bolin

I never believed in Santa. My family belongs to the Jehovah's Witness religion, so they didn't celebrate Christmas. I didn't even find out who Santa was until I was about 6 or 7, and when I did, I thought it was incredibly silly how someone could believe a human male would fly around using deer and would somehow be able to visit every child's home in just 6 to 8 hours. I guess I was precocious at that age...

18. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

My dad is a very avid Athiest, so in our family he just never really pretended Santa was real. Because of my experience growing up, I was an Athiest for a long time, but then I fell in love and now I am a lot more spiritual. I kind of wish that I could have experienced the magic of Santa being real now. :grin:

#78 rainmustfall, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  19. thesharkamander

WHAT??!?!!!??! THERE'S NO SANTA CLAUS??!!!?!?!!?!? :eek:

No, I'm kidding. I figured it out when I was 10. :grin:

20. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About five or six I think. I was always a sceptical kid and a nosy one, I found Xmas presents in the back of my mother's wardrobe and it was pretty obvious there and then (to be honest, I should've worked it out sooner, I'd already debunked the tooth fairy, god, and the easter bunny, LOL).