1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old were u when u found out Santa wasn't real

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Mar 13, 2014.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait, he's not????

I mean, he's stopped coming for a while now, but I thought that's just 'cause I've been bad!

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds alot like me. I was that age too, maybe a year or two older! I'm finally seeing other people here who believed that late! I thought I was rarer. :lol:

It was pretty heartbreaking. Why would you lie to someone about those things? God.
    I had suspicions somewhere in my head before that, I mean why would my parents have excuses to be downstairs doing stuff, making loud noise, at that time of night? I wake up easily if someone is trying for me not to hear.
    Oh, they were getting another pill. Oh, that wrapping sound, maybe it was a soda can. My mom even wrote me a letter from him every year, makes the lie worse now.
    Having made the whole thing a lie, pretty much has ruined Christmas ever since. Just tell your kids the truth, you can have fun with silly traditions without making it into a lie, only to have their dreams broken inevitably sometime in the near future. Don't do that to them. Don't crush their hope in life like that... I know no one else seems to care about this, but it really bothers me. Telling them magic exists and then snatching it out of their hands. Especially the part where once you know, they tell you not to tell other kids. Make me feel guilty, force me into the lie or else I'm "mean." Wow, bad memories.
    I heard Santa pouring the drink I gave him down the sink once, if he was real it wouldn't have mattered. I should have given him broccoli.

3. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't remember the age, but I once walked in on my parents wrapping gifts and putting "Santa" on them. Needless to say the secret was out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Tlarkul

I was 8 years old. It was after Christmas, but before new years. My mother (and stepfather at the time) told me and my brother that Santa WAS a real person a long time ago and only exists these days as a symbol of good will during the holiday season.

5. Oxelotl

My parents never told me he wasn't real, I just figured it out after a while, when I was about 10. I found receipts of presents from Santa, and in the letter I would right to Santa, I asked some questions that only mum would know, and so I figured it out that way. Probably took me longer than it should've to figure out that.

6. Cas

Cas

When I was in the 5th grade. I wept for about an hour. It was terrible.

7. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I didn't know what a Santa was until I went to school because my folks thought telling me Santa was real would be too much like telling me God is real. Yeah, they were super atheist.

8. Sitri

Ummm... 14... and even then I still had hope.

9. blond

Same here. My parents are very religious too, so there was no santa. I feel like i missed out on things other kids got to do, which upsets me sometimes.

10. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That was sooo long ago, that I deff can't remember how old. :lol:

11. BelleFromHell

12, but I suspected it for awhile. After all, my mom uses the SAME wrapping paper as "Santa." :lol:

12. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was 9 and it broke my heart. ;-;

13. Abbra

I was eight.

A bunch of kids in my class were exchanging stories about the ways they found out Santa wasn't real. I acted like I knew all along, but on the inside, my mind was absolutely blown. Funny enough, I never believed in mall Santa because it was illogical for him to be in two places at once.

14. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    holy shit?!?!? Santa ain't real????? There goes my belief in a pleasently plump creature who slims his way down a chimney and deliver presents to all the people. Dang, I guess I was wrong this entire time. Man, this is just some tough news. I think I'll proceed to go into the 5 stages of grief right now.

15. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best friend told me the tooth fairy wasn't real and I asked my grandma who told me the truth. Then when I asked my mom she told me that Santa, Easter bunny, etc were not real. Oh and I was 9.

16. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Santa IS real you loathsome bastards! Don't poison me with your foul ideas of parents bringing the presents! Are you telling me my mama clambers down the chimney? How stupid. Everyone knows that's impossible. Only a magic fat man riding a flying reindeer pulled sleigh is a plausible explanation for the pile of presents under the tree.

-

Nah, but I was like 10 when I finally knew point blank. Held on to the idea, even though I'd had doubts for years, so as not to shatter my chances of receiving presents. I guess I figured it was like a test of faith. :lol:

17. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, Santa IS real. Be careful what you say. he's the NSA so he'll read this :lol: and not give you presents next Christmas

18. Minamimoto_Fan

H-he's not real?

In all seriousness, when I was 9 and I pulled a tooth without telling my folks, so I knew all of that wasn't real

19. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I was about 9 years old or something like that, I asked the parents of a friend if santa was real she they said no. I didn't tell my mom I knew until I was like 11, she liked seeing me light up thinking a "magical being" left me presents so I went with it until one year she couldn't afford much and told me. I told her I had already knew and hugged her.

20. C P

C P

I still believe in him, so...y'all can go on somewhere.............

:eusa_liar