1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what accents do you love or hate?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alex3191, Mar 13, 2014.

1. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love French accents but find Australian accents kind of annoying. Which do you like or dislike?

2. AlamoCity

I don't find any accents annoying (except if I honestly can't understand the other person).

First and foremost, I love a deep drawl Southern American accent. Also, any Romantic language accent, Aussie and Kiwi accents, South African accents, and accents of the British Isles. To be honest, most any "foreign" accent can be attractive to me. It's almost endearing to hear an accent I'm not used to.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Offended! :lol: Though if you've never been to Australia, you've probably got no idea what we usually actually sound like.

I find broad Australian accents very annoying (though they're pretty rare in cities and young people), and I also find Cockney accents and Recieved Pronunciation intolerable. Some US accents are pretty unpleasant to me, but the only annoying ones I've come across are very loud tourists from Ohio. I've never come across an African or Romantic accent I disliked.

In Spanish, I hate Argentine accents, not because they're unpleasant in sound, but because it's almost incomprehensible at times. Venezuelans are even worse. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have any favourites, but as long as I can understand the speaker, it's all good.

5. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Okays you guys are crazy the outback Australian accent is hot as and the American accent although not as hot as the Australian one would still turn me on like crazy. Plus I love bogan's, makes me feel all superior since they're mostly from like the coast area which is a little way out of the city. I hate french accents though cause my mother has it which made me kind of have it but definitely not as strong as hers.

6. Higs

Dutch accent <3

7. Nicholas1991

I really like new york accents - i dont know if theres a name for it, but like when people say "Ja see that sqwurrel over heeya? ". Or the accent that tony soprano has, like italian-american. i watch way too much tv.

#7 Nicholas1991, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  8. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh dear, you'd probably find me intolerable :tears: Even though I live in the north of England, I don't have the regional accent or dialect and speak with a strong hint of RP (was drummed into me at school I'm afraid). At various times I've been described as having a 'posh' voice, but I'm really not posh at all.

The accent changes from county to county in the UK (sometimes with noticeable differences within counties).

9. DakotaInPlaid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Irish and Scottish accents quite a bit. I don't exactly "hate" Australian accents, but I definitely don't love them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Skov

I don't like strong, Southern accents. I also don't like a strong, Minnesotan accent. Not many people here have a strong one though (well maybe I'm not the best judge haha) I really don't like the "country" accent either from the rural parts of South Dakota. I'm pretty neutral on accents from other countries as long as I can understand them.

#10 Skov, Mar 13, 2014
  11. monotone

Do you say "uff da"?

12. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like Scottish and Australian accents :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Don't hate any except the ones I can't understand.

13. Eevar

I LOVE the Scottish and Irish accents, the thicker the better, even though I have trouble comprehending people if they are too thick, which is a bit weird.

14. Foxface

I cannot STAND NoDak accents

North Dakota (sorry to say) is worse than Boston...

oh and NoDaks use this weird extra adjective "for"

So if say me and a true NoDak are walking down the street and we see a lovely little bunny I might say "oh cute a buuny"

I kid you not...the common line in NoDakese is "oooooh for cute!"

What is THAT!!

15. Nikky DoUrden

I LOVE ACCENTS!
    Any accent!
    French is very cool, German is very funny, UK is funny too because I barley undertstand anything if its "heavy" accent, Scotish is hard to undertsand kinda similar to Russian, and USA has different type of accents but ye all cool :grin:

16. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welsh, Irish and what I like to call "posh Scots."

I blame my dislike of Welsh accents on a show called Stella which is set in the Welsh valleys. Everybody in my family loves it, I hate it for two reasons. Stella herself who refers to most people as "cresh" and another character whose name escapes me. She's supposed to be a hair stylist of some kind but she talks and acts like she's eight years old. Problem is there seems to be two kind of Welsh accents, that and the loud Scott Quinnell impersonation, which I also dislike with a passion.

Decent Rugby player though.

Irish accents I blame on a lot of people around me putting an Irish accent around the time of an Ireland boom in Britain. Posh Scots is because a lot of people seem to associate a thick Scots accent with being a bit Teuchter, so they put on airs in an attempt to hide it. Problem is it comes off as patronising.

#16 GeeLee, Mar 13, 2014
  17. Foster

I think all accents are beautiful in their own way. But I especially love British, Scottish, Irish, and Australian accents :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 13th Mar 2014 at 09:56 AM ----------

Oh, and I like New York accents too ^-^

18. eliza

eliza Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really "hate" any accents, although there are some accents I don't think sound as pretty as other accents (as the Southern American accent). However, I love the English, Welsh and Australian accents.

19. Cass

I don't dislike any
    But my favorites are country, Irish, brittish and Scottish

20. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I love French accent especially when a person with this accent speaks in italian :grin: