No gay family?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JustMe2602, Mar 12, 2014.

1. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As a friend wisely said once - "so far nobody's declared it". Althought I've always wondered about a certain older cousin and her long-time "roommate"...

2. Cas

Cas

I have a gay second cousin. That's about it.

3. Christopher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just one older cousin who is gay, that I know of for sure. Funny though; when I was about ten I had the biggest crush on him!

And it wouldn't surprise me if my little brother turned out to be gay. Maybe he just hasn't realized it yet himself! He has had a girlfriend for a long time but I wonder if she is real. No one has ever met her!

4. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

*raises hand*

Not a single queer person in my entire extended family, that I know of. Except, of course, for yours truly. (I also have some suspicions about my brother.)

Almost without exception, they all vote republican, bash queers and minorities, and are just all round intolerant in general. Wonderful family to have...

5. Neo1979

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am one of seven cousins on my mums side....one of my cousins is gay. Siblings wise i have 1 brother who is straight..

6. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

47 people, i'm the only gay one. People say that 7 to 9 percent of the population is gay, I think it's closer to 1 or 2 percent. I've never met anyone who's gay...

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, like others mentioned, I have a huge extended family (my dad alone has 7 brothers and 3 sisters; mom has "just" 5 siblings), and no one else is out, as far as I know.

The ones that I suspected may be gay are all those who have gone off the radar, never coming to family events and who I might briefly see at a funeral or wedding.

8. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a pretty big extended family, but so far as I know only my brother and I are gay.

I had two nieces who I thought were gay, and was very disappointed when I found out I was wrong. One of my great nephews gives me hope, but I'll have to wait and see. There are two of my males cousins, one in Canada and the other in Scotland, who I have always had my suspicions about, and their is another niece who I think might be bi, but nobody else actually confirmed.

9. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I did have close family that was gay and I have some younger cousins that I can see coming out as gay but they are too young to figure that out yet. I only know of a few gay distant cousins and that is it.

The reason I wish I had close relatives that were gay is because it would not be such a hard thing for my family to deal with if they accepted that relative as gay. My family does accept me as gay but they don't understand anything about the gay community and what we struggle with on a daily basis.

10. MrB

MrB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A Cousin & A Brother

11. changetheworld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope. I know heaps of my extended family and are super close with them and my immediate family, but as far as I know they are all straight.

12. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I did, but no I don't.

13. Incognito10

I really really really wish I did, but unfortunately, I am the only "gay" that I am aware of in my family. I feel it would have made the process of coming out much easier and I would have felt I had someone on my side who I could have possibly talked to (and continue to talk to). I have a couple cousins who I seriously question, but they live in the conservative Deep South, so I am not sure if they are comfortable coming out, but a couple of them have set off my gaydar. I was hoping when I came out, that it would perhaps be an inspiration for any others in the family, but none so far.

14. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am not a very family oriented person so, there's a limit to what I know in regards to this. On my maternal line, there is only ONE relative that I know of who is gay. After she came out, she was apparently disowned. Her existence is treated as being nonexistent. Talking about her seems like a taboo subject. It's a shame because, I wouldn't have minded getting to know her. I don't know about my relatives on my Paternal line.

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my family of five grandparents, nine aunts and uncles and their spouses, and my almost a hundred cousins and several hundred extended cousins, I am the only one whom I am sure is LGBT.

16. ThePhoenix

Nope I have a small family on my moms side its just my mom and her BF, one aunt and her husband, and my grandparents. I don't know about my dads side of the family I distanced myself from them and him so who knows there are a lot of family members on that side.

17. Butterfly72

I have no biological relatives who are gay to my knowledge but my ex hubby is trans m2f.

18. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My papa (my mom's dad) is gay. I think that's why I've ben so accepting of gays my whole life. He got married when I was around 6, and Mom was always close to him. We even had tea parties when I visited :grin: His husband loves to dress up too :lol: I love them so much though.

19. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I haven't one either:grin: Or I don't know it

20. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I have 1 gay cousin on my moms side and 1 gay great uncle and 1 lesbian cousin on my dads side