1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No gay family?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JustMe2602, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Rainbow Girl

I don't have biological relatives who are gay to my knowledge but my godfather is gay.

2. newfish

No one. I know some of my extended family has a gay friend(s), but that is as close as my come. Plus my sister (probably, according to her) and I. But other than that I don't know of any.

3. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm...I think I'm the only out one. I don't see parts of my extended family all that much. I had a I guess he was a cousin but pretty far removed on my mom's side that they think might've been gay. His parents always said they thought he was "that way" all though he never came out. He died when I was very young. Anyhoo, I have another cousin on my daddy's side that I'm pretty sure is a lesbian. She's from Dot-On-The-Map, SC though so I'm not sure if she's out + we're not super close. Anyway, she pings my gaydar every now and then and when here Grandma(who went to the college she was going to at the time) said something about "encountering lesbians" there she got all wide-eyed. And it was not a "ew" or "omg Granny" look it was a "Do they know?" look. Pretty sure, anyway. I've had them before myself.

4. Higs

Nobody in my family is gay, not even a chance for someone closeted.
    Actually not one of them have gay friends as far as I know...

5. magic

my mums uncle is but i havent met him

6. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two gay cousins and my nephew is so effeminate, to the point of refusing to leave the house without his favourite handbag :slight_smile:

7. Pondering

Yeah, no one here! My best friend is a lesbian, but I have 52 cousins- all straight! (My grandma had 13 kids, they all had kids... thats a LOT of heteros!)

8. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The only other one in my family that is LGBT is my sister, who's bisexual.

9. antimacy

As far as I know, I am the gay family member.

I don't think there's anyone else in my family who isn't straight, or at least none that are out.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have two cousins that are gay one lesbian and the other male that's gay my mom isn't comfortable with it and neither is her cousin but my mom talks to my lesbian cousin on facebook and respects her she is annoyed by my gay cousin because he's femme he recently got married and my mom makes fun of them as a married couple and calls my male cousin the "woman of the relationship" . I'm pretty sure if I came out as lesbian my mom would never respect me . My lesbian cousin is butch and still very pretty my mom and other family members complains about how she is too pretty girl make herself look so butch .
    I'm the only femme lesbian in the family .:icon_sad: but no one knows yet .

11. Neko Daemon

No one in my family is out yet, so as far as I know, I am the only LGBT person in the family. ^^"

12. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just found out the other day that one of my mom's really close friends had a brother who was gay, and him and his partner died back in the AIDS epidemic in the 80's and 90's. It surprised me how much I didn't know about my family and close friends.

13. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Possibly an aunt, but I've never heard it said openly. She lives far away so I never see her. A few of my dad's cousins never married so maybe they are gay and eternally single like me. At least one relative who never married died of suicide so maybe he was gay and couldn't deal with it. None of my cousins or their kids are gay that I've ever heard about. One uncle's nephew on his side of the family lives with a guy and I think are a couple, but I've never heard the actual word gay uttered in reference to him, not that I've heard about him much since he's not a direct relative. That's how my family is I guess, gay is a word that shall not be spoken.

14. Simple Thoughts

Other than this gay couple I used to work with I'm literally the only LGBT anything person I know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

All alone in a hick town...*sighs* Oh well -.-'

15. Thunderlane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nope all my familly is straight.

16. Rainbow Music

As far as I know, I'm the only one in my family who's gay or of that sort. But I'm perfectly ok with that, because that just makes me all the more special and unique in my family. I'm also the only one who's going to college and is finishing. sometimes I think that I'm adopted, even though I know I'm not.

17. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've just found out that my aunt's husband left her to be with a man, and then decided to get back with her because of their son and other personal reasons... so, I do have a gay uncle, but he's closeted and one of the biggest taboos of the family.

18. itsonlyrelative

I have a giant family and not a single person in my family is homosexual. I have no idea how that statistically happens. Until I realized I was gay, I always wondered how it was possible that nobody in my family was gay...then I became the gay one.

19. MatthewJS

my cousin is a lesbian or bi. doesn't matter as long she is happy. plus, she is with an awesome girl that used to sub for my social studies teacher.

20. Beetle

I'm the "gay cousin" haha. I do have a gay uncle and a MtF trans aunt as well.