1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progress back at my home country.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Julieno, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Julieno

You may now that I came out to my parents last Christmas and that everything went really well even though we are a conservative and religious family.
    (In case you feel curious: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-stories/120426-coming-out-my-conservative-parents.html )

I am also out to everyone where I live now (I am living away from my home country). but I still have a frightening task to do... that is to come out to my friends (who I really love and who, even without knowing i am gay, helped me a lot during harsh times)

This seemed really scary (even though we also have gay friends), I have been unconsciously avoiding it by making excuses. So, as I saw that i couldn't bring myself to do it, I decided to start being more open in Facebook by joining groups and events etc... I really hoped they would end up asking me. (i am not lying to anyone anymore!)

Finally, Yesterday my best friend and her boyfriend (Also one of my male best friends... I managed to get them together :slight_smile: ) asked me over Skype. So I told them. They asked lot of things, and they were 100% supportive but one thing they said really got me "we wish we would have known before to help you during that confusing times". I cannot help but feel that my friends are awesome so I wanted to share it. Still quite a lot of people who needs to know but these two were one of the most important ones.

Also today i have spoken to my father on the phone and he has asked me if I liked anyone or had a boyfriend. It is an awkward conversation to have with you father but to be honest It made me really happy, since he was always asking about girlfriends because I came out and i tended to get angry or avoid the conversation. It may seem stupid but my father asking that kind of thing naturally means a lot for me. :slight_smile:

I just wanted to share it in case it motivates someone 

2. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome! I'm glad your friends and father were supportive. It's really neat that your dad can just ask you casually about having a boyfriend.

3. I'm very happy for you, you have awesome friends and an amazing dad! :slight_smile:

4. Julieno

Thanks a lot guys! Seems things are sorting out by themselves :slight_smile:

5. stephenstills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just read this, man your dad is awesome!