1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian girls.. How did your family react to your coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChloeKiss, Mar 10, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

That must have sucked. :icon_sad:

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2014 at 12:32 AM ----------

Hahaha :slight_smile: Oh that definitely would have been easier for you to come out to Casey knowing he's pansexual. You're dad is just ignorant.

2. DakotaInPlaid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family has always been very open and accepting of anybody, whether it's religion, race, orientation, etc. So I wasn't too scared to come out, but I was still a little nervous. Last Friday night, I went into my mom's room and it pretty much went like this:

Me- "Can I talk you for a minute?"

Mom- "Sure."

Me- "Mom, I'm gay. I know I've been telling you I was bi since I was like 12. But I'm honestly just gay. And I'm sorry I didn't just come out and say it before."

Mom-"Dakota, I know you're gay. I've always known. It doesn't change anything. I love you just the same, no matter who you are or who you love."

So after I finished telling her, I went to my dad's man cave to tell him.

Me- "Hey Dad, I gotta tell you something."

Dad- *Stares at me; waiting*

Me- "I'm gay. Like, I don't like boys at all. I feel bad for pretending I did for so long. But yeah..."

Dad- *Stares for a few seconds* "So? Who gives a shit? I love you unconditionally. It's not a big deal. And it doesn't, nor would it ever, make me see you any differently. I love you beyond belief, no matter what."

Then we fist bumped and that was my night of coming out! I'm incredibly lucky to have parents like mine. I knew they would accept me, it was still just nerve wracking. Now when we go out as a family, everyone points out cute girls to me. :')

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

That's great! You are very lucky to have both parents love and accept you no matter what. I loved reading that. It made me smile :slight_smile: