1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So this is a big step, I SHOWED MY FACE

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lameo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. burg

you look like your a big huger i like it

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Congrats! Quite a pretty face that is! :slight_smile:

A lot of people have irrational fears that somehow someone in real life is going to catch them on here, and thus refuse to post pics of themselves. The underlying emotions behind that are shame and fear, being ashamed and embarrassed of who you are. Posting a pic here, in a friendly and welcoming community, is a step toward showing self-confidence and pride in who you are, rather than shame and fear.

As I've said in other threads, I wish more people would post pics of themselves. I have a general distrust of people who don't have pics on here, I feel much more comfortable talking to people when I could put a face to the name, whereas discussing personal stories with faceless posters makes me uneasy, like I don't know who this person really is, what are they hiding.

I can build much more personal connection with someone who isn't hiding anything, but is willing to show who they are.

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good for you; that is a big step and something that takes a lot of confidence! :slight_smile:

I just took the smaller step of putting my picture in my profile, though it's only visible to people I have added as friends. If I ever come out to my parents I'll put my ugly mug out there for all to see. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always had my pics up... But this whole forum avatar thing. Slave to trends. Fun one though.

5. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks! I noticed a few other people wanting to do the same, I strongly urge them too. I feel amazing, thank you guys so much and most of you are right. Who cares if anyone sees, I am planning to come out of the closet, this is like the pre-party and glad I get to share it with you guys!

And I am in fact a huger, haha