1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you been mistaken as?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RainbowGreen, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

Haha I know what ya mean. I always like when people mistake me for girl...dunno why I just do :3

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless someone looks at me and really thinks (or I tell them online) everyone thinks I am also.

But again I like that when I try and present female. Which I do here and online. Only rarely to others offline.

3. Simple Thoughts

To be honest when we first started talking I thought you were a girl for the longest time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mission successful.

5. Simple Thoughts

Yayness :3

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about after you saw my pics (I know you were told prior but it I didn't tell you would you have pegged me bio female)?

7. Simple Thoughts

I'm not sure. I think I would've bought it though. I can't say for sure because I knew before I looked and that makes it hard to know for sure.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tainted...

Need to keep quiet now and just let people assume... I mean that is my goal to pass when I try.

#28 Kasey, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  9. Simple Thoughts

Exactly. I'm sure you'll trick a few of em :3

10. justjade

I would personally call not being called out as passing. That's probably because anyone who met me has never "intentionally" called me "sir" though, except for one person. :dry:

I've been mistaken for a cis-male. No one ever specified a sexual orientation to go with it though.

Lots of people get the impression that I'm a lesbian when they first meet me. Seriously, that's probably the most common one.

I've also been mistaken for other people. Random people will approach me on the street and act like they know me and ask weird questions, like "How are the kids?" 1) I don't fucking have any kids, nor do I ever plan on having any, and 2) how many butch-looking semi-androgynous redheads with thick-rimmed glasses do you know?! :eusa_eh:

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1.) I felt very proud when someone on EC was convinced I was female and that I "looked like a model" :icon_bigg

That was a win for me.

2.) I find it hilarious when someone confused you for someone entirely different, completely non gender related like they know you.

Or are you "George clooney?" something outlandish like that. Sorry... but that was funny.

12. notaprincess06

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm non-binary, dfab and sexually I feel and identify as a straight woman but a big part of me feels male . I have what is stereotypically perceived as masculine attitude/mannerisms, my haircut is manly, my clothes are from the men's section. My face isn't particularly feminine and I wear no make up, but it's also not really masculine either so if one looks at me more closely you can tell I'm not exactly a man, judging by stereotypes and so on.

So, over the years I've been often mistaken for a boy, not a man but a boy. I'm now 26 and after I lost the extra weight people usually take me as a woman but it does happen with some frequency ,especially in winter, that they'll take me for a boy. Last year a taxi driver spoke to me for 10 minutes as if he were talking to a highschool boy.

There's one thing I've never been mistaken for though and that hurts...an attractive woman. I do make a cute boy though, too bad the straight men I liked so far were totally unimpressed with non-binary me

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That does hurt doesn't it... I know the exact same feeling from The opposite side of the table. (*hug*)

14. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People have called me "ma'am" on the phone at work more often than I can count. Probably happens at least once a week. And I don't think they even realize it.

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who are you talking to?

[​IMG]

I'm sorry I just thought of that based on what you said.

16. Music Soul

I've been called "sir" and "he" too many times to count. I dress kind of like a guy and have really short hair, and sometimes I'll pretend to be a guy just to see if I can convince people. Turns out it's harder to convince people that I'm not a guy. One time I got kicked out of a dressing room at my sister's dance recital because I "made the girls uncomfortable". Even after I told them I was a girl they still made me leave... :grin: these situations happen to me all the time, at least they make great stories.

17. Soaring

I get mistaken as lesbian all the time by most people at my school. The funny thing is I never even came out as not being straight. They just assume. I don't really think I look or act particularly gay. I asked one of my friends why she thought I was lesbian and she replied that it was because I "don't like boys or d*ck" so that was really helpful (sarcasm).

I also get mistaken for being older than I really am a lot. It's actually something that I enjoy. But then at the same time there are just as many people who mistake me for being a freshman just because I'm new and they've never seen me before. -_-

On iFunny I used to get mistaken for a guy a lot. Almost every time anyone made a comment about me, actually. I always found it really strange because my profile picture was a kitten wearing a frog hat and I had a really girly username.

I've been mistaken for dating my new best friend by several people at my new school. One person just straight out asked us if we were dating and I've seen even more people making comments about us being together or making those "I know you have a thing with/for her" faces every time I mention her name. I normally just kind of sit there and blush because I don't know how to respond and I feel like "I wish" probably wouldn't be a good idea....

18. Tongue Flicker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    In real life, always a straight guy.

19. Calix

Mostly as a tomboy. I was called sir once when I was 16 and working at a shop, before I even realised I was trans.

20. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a straight guy :eusa_doh: