1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you go on holidays alone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 19drummer88, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would totally couch surf, dude. My teacher told us about it, and it sounds awesome. I would try to explain, but I'd screw it up. You should look it up, though! There's a site that really helps out. I forgot what it is, but if you want, I can figure it out and let you know?

2. sweetgayboy

sweetgayboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    no unless I could bring my dogs with me.

3. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd definitely prefer to go on holiday with someone else. I mean it could be really fun going on holiday alone for that length of time, a proper adventure. But it just isn't for me. I'll travel alone, I do that frequently, but I'm always reassured that theres someone waiting for me on the other end :grin:

4. Sorceress of Az

I need other people I am familiar with, my social anxiety gets worse in unfamiliar places especially if a friend is not with me.

5. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Probably would. I could imagine myself going overseas alone for Christmas or for summer. Not that I don't like company. I just, sometimes, prefer being alone. It gives me more freedom to explore things.

6. Bolin

I preferably would not want to go on vacation alone. Being in an unfamiliar place coupled with having a bad sense of direction would send my anxiety through the roof. I'd preferably want a boyfriend/husband and/or one or two close friends with me so I wouldn't feel completely alone and without help.

7. Foxface

absofreakinglutely

My partner and I have done a couple vacations on our own...it was fantastic...but of course we've also done vacations together. We're both introverts mind you but yeah I loved it.

I very much plan on going to Africa on my own one day...admittedly it would be work related but there are some personal things I need to achieve and i need to do such a journey on my own

now to be totally fair I would absolutely save up enough money for her to take her own trip so it wasn't just me getting the rewards

8. 19drummer88

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ve heard of couchsurfing and have a friend who did it before. I didnt think of it though. I'll read on it. thank you

9. Incognito10

Yes, I have done it and enjoyed it very much. Traveling alone can afford you a feeling of great freedom to explore what is you want during your trip without negotiating with anyone else. The one aspect I did regret was trying restaurants as I do not dine out by myself.

10. setnyx

i would go alone happily. finding others to backpack with and maybe make good friends sounds like fun.

11. Thedistra

If it was like just going up north sure. Far away no.

I plan on camping up north with my dog alone. Maybe later in life I'll consider going to other states with my dog, so I could go hiking or something similar with him. But now no.

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These hiking trails are a dream to me, how I'd love to do at least of couple of these on my own and just be myself with Nature. How can anyone be alone with such beauty?

That's how it was for me when I worked in Great Whale River; majestic sky, endless beach all to myself and the great Hudson's Bay...

World's Best Hikes, Trails -- National Geographic

13. 19drummer88

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you for your answers. I will do it anyway...maybe I'll find someone to go with me, if I dont it'll be good aswell.