1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To those in the closest: Do you think your friends and family know you're gay/bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Feb 26, 2014.

1. goose

goose Guest

My friends and family always call me 'gay' but I'm pretty sure they don't know that I'm actually gay, cause if they did they'd never talk to me again.

2. Cas

Cas

My twin sister might be catching on. I'm not sure.
    Whenever my family says something homophobic, she always looks at me with some sort of pity or whatever. I'm not sure what to make of it.
    The rest of my family? I think they have no idea.
    I think one or two of my friends have an inkling that I am. I've had them ask if I was before, and even though I denied it (my sister was in the room), they still gave me knowing looks.
    It's nerve-wrecking, really, trying to figure out who knows and who doesn't.
    I'm scared to even tell my twin sister, the person who I'm the closest to in my life.

3. Joelouis

Only those who are not really your friends in the first place wouldn't talk to you mate. I'm sure you would receive more support than you'd think. I'd like to think so anyway.

4. Envira

I didn't think my family had a clue before I started dropping hints, and then they picked it up. They still didn't really have a clue though.

5. Ehm

Ehm

My childhood friends now that I'm a lesbian in the past. They now that I had a girlfriend in the past. But now, they now that I've changed. That I'm straight. I think my family suspects. Right now I'm confused. I can't let myself be a lesbian because my of my family. But my uncle is gay and have a boy friend. :frowning2: I'm confused.

6. IsThisAName

I don't really think anyone knows for certain, but I do get paranoid that my friends or just acquaintances have a hunch about it. I'm more suspicious about it recently though, because when I came out to my best friend (who is gay), he just smiled and said "honestly I kinda already knew," even though I'd never said anything about girls to him. So that was odd for him to have just known. :grin:

7. fairyinkcap

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought I was really subtle about it with my mum until she straight up asked me if I preferred girls or boys, and I realised earlier she had asked me what I thought of a bunch of guys on TV and to all of them i replied "meh", then proceeded to gush to her about Cara Delevigne ten minutes later. Woops. And I comment on girls butts a lot so I think my friends have an inkling.

8. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think one of my friends is figuring it out, but I am trying to at least keep it quite for now. I have no idea about my family, I haven't seen them in two months and I have only started questionings about 2.5 weeks ago.

9. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm fairly sure some/most of my friends know, they just don't say anything. My family, on the other hand, i think they are pretty much clueless. I came out to my mom last August. I'm still not 100 or even 75% sure she accepts me...To my aunt, and one of my closest family confidantes, knows. I know that she accepts me, and still loves me, but the idea is still fairly foreign to her. When we were watching Say Yes To The Dress this past weekend, she said that she still has to get used to the idea, that it's quite strange for her.

10. Ciel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think some of my friends already have a clue and all they were waiting is me to tell them the truth. My family didn't know that I'm a lesbian because when I'm at home or whenever I'am with them I dress like a lady and act like a real lady.

11. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to my sister a few days ago and she said she already knew.

She told my my parents may have had some suspicions, but they still think I'm straight. I think they are probably in denial about it. Still have no idea what my brother thinks.

Regardless, I'm not intending on telling my parents until I move out of the house.